• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

I'm just kidding. But it does seem like a lot of the top recs are tapas.

Here's what I've gleaned from the thread:

Curate
Limones
Zambra
Table
Bouchon
Tupelo Honey
Sunny Point
Early Girl
White Duck Taco

And Wicked Weed and Jack of the Woods? And LAB isn't as good as leebs thought.

Eating Asheville tour sounds cool though. Way to hit up a bunch of places.

Out of those I think only Curate and Zambra are tapas spots. I'd choose Curate over Zambra if you can swing it and want to do Tapas.

If you don't do Table, at least try to do their upstairs bar Imperial Life for a pre-dinner cocktail.

Oh yeah, I'd pass on Tupelo Honey too. It's pretty good but largely a tourist trap and not worth the wait. For breakfast/brunch I'd either do Early Girl or Over Easy Cafe in the downtown area.

Oh yeah, I'd pass on Tupelo Honey too. It's pretty good but largely a tourist trap and not worth the wait. For breakfast/brunch I'd either do Early Girl or Over Easy Cafe in the downtown area.

As much as I love Tupelo, if you find yourself slim on breakfast times/options - I'd hit Early Girl (this is my #1 place for sure) and Sunny Point, then Tupelo.

...I love Tupelo's biscuits and jam. Can't get past that.

If you like Jamaican I recommend Nine Mile, it's good as hell, best Jamaican I've ever had.

As much as I love Tupelo, if you find yourself slim on breakfast times/options - I'd hit Early Girl (this is my #1 place for sure) and Sunny Point, then Tupelo.

...I love Tupelo's biscuits and jam. Can't get past that.

Biscuits, meh. Go to Biscuit Head for that, way better biscuits AND jam/butter selection.

Is Sunny Point the spot in West Asheville? That place is amazing.

Salsa needs on that list.

Stay away from LAB.

i've always enjoyed a few pints at Wedge while the lady pops in and out of the galleries along the river. If you have a car, The Bywater is pretty sweet on a nice day

Biscuits, meh. Go to Biscuit Head for that, way better biscuits AND jam/butter selection.

biscuit head is crazy good (I'm sure it's terrible for you too)
The one by the hospital is typically much less crowded than the one in West Asheville....although both are crowded.

Blue Kudzu is in River Arts District. Asian style food with huge sake menu. They also brew sake there and offer a class.

Can good food be found in Asheville in a cool atmosphere that is not expensive as hell?

Asheville restaurants aren't very expensive in my experience, even the high end ones.

Yeah, I think I'm just used to DC prices now. Nothing seemed to crazy at the places I was looking.

For things to do the lazoom tour is really fun and byob. I was hesitant but it's pretty entertaining

Back