• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

ehhh. that's like not liking a band because they got popular. as long as the food still tastes good, wgaf.
i think it loses some appeal/charm because it's now available so many places outside of Asheville so it's not as much of a MUST HIT while you're there... but that doesn't take anything away from what they

It was always overrated IMO.

Question for Asheville peeps, what do you think the tipping point is for the city before it starts sucking. It is getting so much publicity, a bunch of new hotels, larger breweries, etc. I just worry that now that it's so popular it will be overrun with tourists and money that a lot of the local stuff that gives it so much of it's charm will be pushed out.

Thoughts?

Already happened, I'd say 5-7 years ago.

Limones Sunday night. What's the dress situation there? Trying to figure out if we need to pack anything nicer than jeans for the long weekend.

Limones Sunday night. What's the dress situation there? Trying to figure out if we need to pack anything nicer than jeans for the long weekend.

I don't think there is a single restaurant in Asheville that requires more than a decent pair of jeans and a collared shirt...Limones definitely doesn't

[quote name="rjequalsmj" post=2052841]Question for Asheville peeps, what do you think the tipping point is for the city before it starts sucking. It is getting so much publicity, a bunch of new hotels, larger breweries, etc. I just worry that now that it's so popular it will be overrun with tourists and money that a lot of the local stuff that gives it so much of it's charm will be pushed out. <br />
<br />
Thoughts?[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
Already happened, I'd say 5-7 years ago.<br/>
I would say about 18 months from now. 3 new hotels are going up practically downtown which will bring in even more tourists. Although one of them is going up right next to the salvation army homeless shelter...

Will have to write more later. Went on the Eating Asheville tour today and hit up 7 good spots. Battery Park Book Exchange, Zambra, Strada, Sovereign Remedies, Bomba, Seven Sows, and Nightbell. Heading back to Nightbell for dinner and drinks in a bit.

Will have to write more later. Went on the Eating Asheville tour today and hit up 7 good spots. Battery Park Book Exchange, Zambra, Strada, Sovereign Remedies, Bomba, Seven Sows, and Nightbell. Heading back to Nightbell for dinner and drinks in a bit.
We just did Zambra for dinner, so good. Have heard a ton of good stuff about Nightbell, hope that was awesome!

Asheville definetly sucks now. I use to live there. Couldn't imagine trying to raise a child in that town now.

It's still fun to go for a weekend but that's about it.

Back