• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

Staying at a Bed and Breakfast about 15 mins west of Asheville this weekend. Will I have any trouble getting back to my location using Uber tomorrow night?

Any help appreciated. Heading up after work today and hitting Highland Brewery, then heading to Tupelo Honey Cafe for an early dinner before bars around the area. Any suggestions right there for a bar I absolutely have to go to? I'll peruse the thread as well.

Staying at a Bed and Breakfast about 15 mins west of Asheville this weekend. Will I have any trouble getting back to my location using Uber tomorrow night?

Any help appreciated. Heading up after work today and hitting Highland Brewery, then heading to Tupelo Honey Cafe for an early dinner before bars around the area. Any suggestions right there for a bar I absolutely have to go to? I'll peruse the thread as well.
Getting back you will be fine, getting an Uber from where you are staying will be an issue. Not sure where you are staying and I am sure it will be nice, but generally 15 min west of Asheville is not somewhere you want to be. Candler and Enka are meth infested hell holes.

Getting back you will be fine, getting an Uber from where you are staying will be an issue. Not sure where you are staying and I am sure it will be nice, but generally 15 min west of Asheville is not somewhere you want to be. Candler and Enka are meth infested hell holes.

Sweet going to Candler. Should be an enjoyable time!

Hey! Don't talk about our meth infested hell holes that way.

Heading up to the mountains this weekend and going to spend Sunday night in Asheville. We found an Air BnB within walking distance of downtown that looks nice and was right at $100 for the night.

We are doing the Funkatorium tour on Sunday and I am trying to decide on dinner. Based on what I have been reading here I am leaning toward Curate. We went to Table a couple of years ago and had an amazing meal; I thought about going back there but don't want to sour the memory if this meal isn't up to expectations.

Will probably try this Early Girl spot for brunch on Monday or Salsa's for lunch depending on when we are up and out.

I may have waited a bit too long to make my reservations.

Zambra still had an opening at 8:15 so picked that up for now.

I may have waited a bit too long to make my reservations.

Zambra still had an opening at 8:15 so picked that up for now.

Haha yeah I was going to say, you have to get Curate way out in advance, though it would have been a great call. Zambra is pretty good as well though and I like the environment there a lot too. Can't go wrong with that.

You should check out Limones as another option unless you're just dying for tapas.

Biscuit Head has officially surpassed Early Girl as my Asheville breakfast jam.

images

^What's that?
Fried Catfish Biscuit
Biscuit with fried catfish, spicy slaw, tomato, poached egg, and creole gravy

I actually had the pulled pork biscuit, but this was a better pic.

images

Last edited:
Ha I almost went there today. Love it but the lines/tourists sometimes, woof.

Rank the breweries in Asheville in terms of total quality (beers, atmosphere, location).

Back