• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

Hopefully Wicked Weed isn't too crowded since it's sort of off season.. if you like sours I'd hit up their Funkatorium instead while you're over at Burial (my favorite downtown brewery atm). Another good place for pre-dinner drinks is Imperial Life, above Table. I think it's only a couple blocks away from Nightbell.

I finally checked out Sierra Nevada a couple weeks ago, man that is a cool ass brewery/building they've got over there.

I'm confused. Isn't The Funkatorium WW's tasting room? We'll be there during the day on Friday, so I expect it to be ok.

We really liked it!

It was our last stop on the Eating Asheville food tour we did, and they happened to have a couple of cancellations for that evening and we snuck into one. I think the menu changes a lot so I can't necessarily recommend anything, but we liked everything we had. I would stick around for a dessert as well cause they are pretty interesting.

We're also doing Bouchon one night since it's my long-time favorite Asheville restaurant.

Anyone know of good desert places other than French Broad?

I'm confused. Isn't The Funkatorium WW's tasting room? We'll be there during the day on Friday, so I expect it to be ok.

We're also doing Bouchon one night since it's my long-time favorite Asheville restaurant.

Anyone know of good desert places other than French Broad?

Wicked Weed has two locations. Their main brewery/restaurant (right near the orange peel) which has both an upstairs bar for just drinking or a cool bar downstairs and bier garden type area too (which isn't as useful in the cold, but luckily the weather is supposed to be pretty warm this weekend). They also have a second "Funkatorium" tasting room on the south slope that they primarily use a tasting room for the sours (w/ a couple of their normal beers on draft too). The south slope is where Burial/Green Man/Twin Leaf/the new Pisgah tasting room (which is also a cool space) all are, and you'll also find Buxton Hall BBQ and Vortex Donuts down there (both are great).

French Broad Chocolate Lounge is in a new location (it's now on Pack's square) if you haven't been in awhile. Honestly, Nightbell apparently has the best desserts in town right now, so you'll be covered nicely on that front.

Wicked Weed has two locations. Their main brewery/restaurant (right near the orange peel) which has both an upstairs bar for just drinking or a cool bar downstairs and bier garden type area too (which isn't as useful in the cold, but luckily the weather is supposed to be pretty warm this weekend). They also have a second "Funkatorium" tasting room on the south slope that they primarily use a tasting room for the sours (w/ a couple of their normal beers on draft too). The south slope is where Burial/Green Man/Twin Leaf/the new Pisgah tasting room (which is also a cool space) all are, and you'll also find Buxton Hall BBQ and Vortex Donuts down there (both are great).

If I had to pick the Brewery or the Funkatorium, which should I choose? They have the sours at both locations, right?

Out of the 3 places I listed (WW, Burial, Sierra Nevada), which has the best lunch food?

It'll be the weekend of the 26th, when I'm there, so keep your fingers crossed for good weather.

Last edited:
If I had to pick the Brewery or the Funkatorium, which should I choose? They have the sours at both locations, right?

Out of the 3 places I listed (WW, Burial, Sierra Nevada), which has the best lunch food?

I'd think for lunch, WW (technically the "pub" location) and Sierra Nevada are probably pretty equivalent. They do have sours at the normal location, yep, and a much larger menu for food iirc so I'd choose it over the funkatorium for those reasons in your case. Burial doesn't really do food unless it's a special occasion (I think something is in the works for food full time there, but pretty sure it's not ready yet). If you go to WW to eat, the candied brussels sprouts + bacon are awesome. Burgers are solid as well.

Decided to make a trip to Asheville this weekend. Have reservations and The Bull and Beggar and Nightbell, may call tomorrow to see if I can get anything at Limones and forego one of those. Definitely want to check out the new Sierra Nevada location as well as Wicked Weed, Wedge, Burial, and as many other breweries as I can make happen.

I'll wave at you.

Headed to Bouchon and Nightbell, with brewery stops at Burial, WW and Sierra Nevada.

I'll wave at you.

Headed to Bouchon and Nightbell, with brewery stops at Burial, WW and Sierra Nevada.

I was able to snag a late reservation at Curate on Friday and Limones on Saturday, but still plan on spending time at all those breweries.

Didn't realize how much I'd copied your itinerary when we made the decision on Wednesday to make the trip...great tastes on these here boards.

I was able to snag a late reservation at Curate on Friday and Limones on Saturday, but still plan on spending time at all those breweries.

Didn't realize how much I'd copied your itinerary when we made the decision on Wednesday to make the trip...great tastes on these here boards.

Nomnomnom, my two favorites. I thiiink my gf is taking me to Curate for my bday next month. Can't wait.

Oh man those two restaurants with some Funkatorium mixed in and I'm set for a weekend

Be sure to park the car in the city lot and walk. Bad idea to move the car around too much.

Be sure to park the car in the city lot and walk. Bad idea to move the car around too much.

Fair, and solid call back from another thread.

I think we will be walking or Ubering most of the time to help calm my nerves.

Fair, and solid call back from another thread.

I think we will be walking or Ubering most of the time to help calm my nerves.

Good call. Only time you ever need to drive in downtown is on the way in and on the way out. The Aloft parking garage is probably your best bet for those restaurants btw. It's the cheapest and super convenient/easy.

Make sure when you get to Curate you pronounce it as if you were doing a racist Asian impersonation of pronouncing Ka-ra-te, with the emphasis on the last syllable. This is the code word that unlocks access to their secret tasting menu. Even better if you do some fake karate moves after and bow.

Make sure when you get to Curate you pronounce it as if you were doing a racist Asian impersonation of pronouncing Ka-ra-te, with the emphasis on the last syllable. This is the code word that unlocks access to their secret tasting menu. Even better if you do some fake karate moves after and bow.

lol I always do this, it's how I got a secret special dessert last time I went.

Fantastic dinner (as always) at Bouchon tonight.

Got an interview there tomorrow. I get in too late for dinner and leave mid afternoon. Where's a good place to get a quick-ish breakfast/early lunch?

Back