• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

I've lived in Asheville my whole life except for college....so what are you looking to spend, what kind of atmosphere are you looking for. Casual and a few drinks or PIITB on the first date. Answer these questions and I won't steer you wrong

Around $35-40 each I suppose. A fun atmosphere, sort of classy but not crazy. What would the PIITB joint be? just curious :D

damn, my roommate went out with a chick that just moved from philly and she's been here about a month also. She hung out for a bit, she was pretty cool and hot, I was gonna be like man good for u she's hot but she's making the rounds. I don't think she much cared for my roommate, he's a douche.

also, I could totes go for some papas n beer tonight. gotta convince my douche roommate to go with me although, he probs wont want to go cause he got shot down by the tranny hostess (he didnt realize she was a tranny at the time).

also, I could totes go for some papas n beer tonight. gotta convince my douche roommate to go with me although, he probs wont want to go cause he got shot down by the tranny hostess (he didnt realize she was a tranny at the time).

:laugh: were you the one to break the news to him?

Nah, but he was all bent out of shape about why that girl didnt call him back etc. And my other roommate was like dude I know that chick, thats a FUCKING MAN! and he was like nah, no way, she was hot. And so the next time he went back, he saw her and as soon as she was out of ear shot he was like, "fuck, defs a man"

Is Mayfels still open? That place can really serve up the southern food and they have a cool bar outside downstairs kind of like a grotto.

Limones for Mexican rocks pretty good.

According to Bacon "Rankins Vault" is pretty cool for drinks but I have never been there.

Most of the breweries are fun, but LAB & Jack of the Wood stand out.

Around $35-40 each I suppose. A fun atmosphere, sort of classy but not crazy. What would the PIITB joint be? just curious :D

go to Storm or Limones, an app, food, and a couple drinks a piece and you should be in budget.

Depending on how this girl rolls, PIITB would be Rezazz or Red Stag. The ambiance of Red Stag is like a really classy hunting lodge (sounds weird, but you'd understand it if you saw it). The veneer on the bar is laminated petrified wood....which I think is cool as hell. They also usually have something a little more exotic (although not too exotic) like elk or something like that.

Last edited:
We had a vacation house in Black Mountain and used to go over all the time.

I will say Black Mountain has got some cool ass spots also if you want to make the drive east (16 miles).

yeah, but you don't live here....I was speaking to people who are currently here

Ahhh....when he said "I had no clue so many on here lived in Asheville" I thought he was speaking in the past but I guess you could read it as present as well.

9 mile. She might smell like garlic but the panties will drop. You're welcome.

Go check out Curate. The owners trained at El Bulli and Jose Andres helped open the restaurant. It is ridiculously good.

Back