• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

Tupelo Honey just opened up a new restaurant in Knoxville (maybe it's not open just yet) and are looking for their next location - Greensboro is on the list, but I think somewhere in the Tri-Cities (TN) is more likely - maybe Kingsport

How has nobody mentioned 'The Yacht Club'? I guess it is just a bit too exclusive for you lot -- members only.

Also, I loved the setup at the Craggie Brewery.

I'm a member nbd, on my b-day the bartender gave me some weird shot and I almost puked on the bar, that was pretty sweet.

White duck taco anyone???

White duck is so good.

Not in Asheville, but I went to Frog's Leap Public House in Waynesville and came away really impressed. Food was some of the freshest I've had.

Not in Asheville, but I went to Frog's Leap Public House in Waynesville and came away really impressed. Food was some of the freshest I've had.

I had to look that up. I work in Waynesville and I'd never heard of it (Granted I spend exactly no time there after work and usually go to the gym at lunch and grab something on the way back and eat at my desk) but I work just over a quarter mile from there....I'll have to check it out one day, looks good.

I had to look that up. I work in Waynesville and I'd never heard of it (Granted I spend exactly no time there after work and usually go to the gym at lunch and grab something on the way back and eat at my desk) but I work just over a quarter mile from there....I'll have to check it out one day, looks good.

Gateway Club across the street is really good as well.

Tupelo Honey just opened up a new restaurant in Knoxville (maybe it's not open just yet) and are looking for their next location - Greensboro is on the list, but I think somewhere in the Tri-Cities (TN) is more likely - maybe Kingsport

kingsport would be sweet (for kingsport). kingsport has some cool little places popping up, good for them if they can swing tupelo.

If you're downtown, what is the easiest way to get on the parkway?

goign which way?

240 east or town mountain road, depending where exactly you're coming from. right? (this is off the top of my head)

Wife is an artist at Bele Chere again this year in July, one of our favorite art/music shows that we do: http://www.belecherefestival.com/. Three days, four stages, 40 bands, decent art, all free, can't beat it. Bands are typical up and coming, Grace Potter, Jason Isbell, The Whigs, Railroad Earth, bluegrass bands all played last year. I'm getting ready to research the bands for this year. Y'all come! (Note: hotels seriously bump their prices for that weekend).

Skydog: I will be at Bele Chere with my wife and a crew of friends from Austin, TX. We have a place down in Cashiers so we will just commute from there. Saw Jason Isbell do an acoustic show last week at Eddie's Attic. So damn good. Brandi Carlile looks to be the headliner this year at BC. Looking forward to seeing Delta Rae, too.

What does your wife do? Will try to stop by her booth.

Is White Duck the place for good cheap tacos or good Mexican in general?

Tacos is what they do and they do it well but its the only thing they do at WD. Lots of cool combo's of ingredients. Their fish taco is the best around. As far as more traditional type mexican food on the cheap you can't beat papa's n beer. Thank me later!

Tacos is what they do and they do it well but its the only thing they do at WD. Lots of cool combo's of ingredients. Their fish taco is the best around. As far as more traditional type mexican food on the cheap you can't beat papa's n beer. Thank me later!

Agree, love both these places.

two seconds ago i sent a text asking if i can eat dinner here on Sunday night (I'll be in asheville this weekend). LOVE papa's n beer.

so far our restaurant circuit is looking like this:
ridgecrest (? it's on long shoal) dinner friday, bar stops downtown friday night, tupelo breakfast saturday AM, papas n beer sunday night, early girl breakfast monday.

Had the Sunday brunch at Avenue M about a month ago. Delicious.

Love drinking at the Wedge brewery, but damn, I think I had an allergic reaction to their beer because I broke out in hives the next day.

One of my best friends works for Sierra Nevada up there. Their brewery is going to be off the hook, Camping, trails, activities, music amphitheater.

Last edited:
Papa's and Beer is always crowded and there is always a wait.
It's a half step above dogmeat mexican restaurants. I mean, I like mexican and I like Papas and Beer, but I would never wait more than a few minutes for a table. On a weekend night at the Papas and Beer on Tunnel road there will be no less than an hour wait....it's fat walmart carolina fans lined up out the door

Papa's and Beer is always crowded and there is always a wait.
It's a half step above dogmeat mexican restaurants. I mean, I like mexican and I like Papas and Beer, but I would never wait more than a few minutes for a table. On a weekend night at the Papas and Beer on Tunnel road there will be no less than an hour wait....it's fat walmart carolina fans lined up out the door

go to the one out on long shoals (i think it's on long shoals, or at least on that side of things... somewhere... i can envision the exit, but not the name of the road).

My favorite brunch in Asheville is Over Easy Cafe by a long shot. Followed by Sunny Point, then a bit farther down Tupelo/Early Girl. They're all really good though.

mmmm sunny point. i think we're going there sunday morning, that's yet to be determined.

go to the one out on long shoals (i think it's on long shoals, or at least on that side of things... somewhere... i can envision the exit, but not the name of the road).

Think you're talking about the one on Hendersonville Road... then there is the Tunnels Rd. one.. and I usually hit up the one on Brevard Rd.

Back