• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

Think you're talking about the one on Hendersonville Road... then there is the Tunnels Rd. one.. and I usually hit up the one on Brevard Rd.

Nope, Brevard Road is where I'm thinking of (thanks google maps).

Nope, Brevard Road is where I'm thinking of (thanks google maps).

Yeah, that one usually has a wait too on certain nights (Fri/Saturday), but it's not too bad.

There are a ton of Mexican places in Asheville, it's cray.

Yeah, that one usually has a wait too on certain nights (Fri/Saturday), but it's not too bad.

There are a ton of Mexican places in Asheville, it's cray.

The La Carretta (same owner of the La Carretta in Winston) that was on Merrimon just on the north side of I-240 (easy walk to downtown) got torn down a few months ago....it had and awesome patio for drinking big XX on nice spring/summer/fall evenings

Where would be a good place to sit outside and have a few this afternoon?

If you're talking downtown, Sazerac has nice little rooftop area. Mellow Mushroom has a nice outdoor seating area. 5 Walnut (wine bar) will have some window seating (big bay windows that they'll open) that is basically like sitting outside. Wicked Weed may have outdoor seating....I've only been when it's cold as hell (so there weren't any tables), but it seems like there would be a place for outdoor seating out front. There is something like WXYZ lounge which is in the new Aloft building that has a deck that's a floor above street level that looks for good outdoor drinking...I've never actually been to that bar though...doesn't seem like it's my style, but on a nice day it might be nice.
Hannah Flannagans has an large outdoor area as well....I would assume they'd have it open during the day

Last edited:
Any of you Asheville jokers drive an Audi hatchback? Just spotted one with a WFU plate close to long shoal dr near biltmore square mall.

We tried the Aloft hotel bar downtown this week and liked it. The is an outdoor patio on the second floor with flame warmers. Probably heading there after work.

We tried the Aloft hotel bar downtown this week and liked it. The is an outdoor patio on the second floor with flame warmers. Probably heading there after work.

Yeah, I like that bar for chilling at. Although the bartenders haven't been the best wrt mixed drinks, so stick to the basics imo.

Went to see the live music at highlands brewery tonight. Pretty cool outdoor venue, and obviously good beer.

Devil's Britches is my favorite Highland brew, sucks that it's only seasonal.

Tried Juicey Lucy's lasts weekend. Had some of the best chicken wings that I've had in Asheville. The burger variety and quality is top knotch too. Recommend the Nutella milkshake.

El que pasa on Patton is the exact same as papas n beer, same menu literally, not as crowded, and a lot closer than the one on Hendersonville rd.

El que pasa on Patton is the exact same as papas n beer, same menu literally, not as crowded, and a lot closer than the one on Hendersonville rd.

Weird, that place has been packed the last few times I've driven by. Figured it must be good though.

Went to wicked weed on biltmore ave today- really good beer and the food was way better than typical brew pub stuff. Black bean burger with pimento cheese and okra... Nomnomnom. About to head to the wedge.

ugh, highland. there are so many better breweries in asheville.

ugh, highland. there are so many better breweries in asheville.

Highland isn't bad, they are just going corporate sellout, so the hipsters hate them. They still make some good brews. Pisgah might be my favorite brewery in that area because of their risk taking, innovation, etc.

Back