• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

I think Their dark beers are fantastic.

Highlands makes good beer. Don't care what the hipsters think.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quick weekend recap. Dinner Friday night at Rezaz was most amazing Mediterranean. I didn't know skirt steak could be that good. We spent a large portion of Saturday morning in Battery Park books and champagne store. Since they have a wine and coffee bar here I could have spent the whole day in there. Anyway, we left after a couple of hours and hit White Duck Taco for lunch. I knew there was a place around that could rival Taco Boy at Folly Beach, I just didn't know it was in Asheville. Awesome cheap tacos & beer.

After that we started boozing first at 5 Walnut & then a buddy of mine called and said he was over at Packs Tavern. We went over there to see him and watch the NFL draft. Highlands may have sold out but some of there brew is still outstanding. I had about 4 of something called Little Hump that was amazing. After that we went back to the cottage we were staying at in Montford for a while and then took the boards recommendation for pizza at Asheville Brewing since it was right around the corner. It too was good stuff. We got up on Sunday at had breakfast at Homegrown and the breakfast pot pie was killer.

All in all another great weekend in Asheville (other than all the rain) where the food/beer get better and better with every visit.

I was up there this weekend too. Hit wicked weed, the double tyrant red was awesome but their wit bier was not good. Food great. Want to go back for more beers and sample more of their food, the menu is cool.

Went to the bar in the Grand Bohemian near Biltmore. It was kind of faux but neat. Would not go back, there are a hundred better bars in Asheville.

Finally went to izzys for coffee. It was dirty, morbidly decorated, and the coffee was average. Will not return.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
We ended up skipping the wedge last night and did dinner at lobster trap and then walked to jack of the wood for beers after. Had some green man esb, it was delicious. Breakfast at early girl this morning. Delicious as always.

We ended up skipping the wedge last night and did dinner at lobster trap and then walked to jack of the wood for beers after. Had some green man esb, it was delicious. Breakfast at early girl this morning. Delicious as always.

Love early girl and jack of the wood. Should have gone with my old standbys!

Asheville eats

I am sure this has been discussed....but I am too lazy to look. Wife and I are spending the weekend in Asheville at the Grand Bohemian. We have a few fav places to eat that i am sure we will visit (tupelo honey, early girl eatery, chocolate fetish) but am looking for new spots. Not really looking for obscenely expensive 'fine dining' ....just good food in cool places.

Defs go eat at White Duck Taco.

There is another huuuge thread on this though..

Also, the white duck peeps have a new pizza place called Pizza Pura that's also good if you're into Neapolitan style pizza.

Oh yeah, Wicked Weed. Newer restaurant/brewery that has apparently just been killing it lately.

From our most recent trip: Early Girl was a great brunch spot (long wait, though, like Tupelo). Jack of the Woods hit the spot for a pub style lunch and sampling of Green Man brews. Salsa's was a fantastic Mexican/Caribbean dinner. That was definitely our best meal - try the Pompompoms.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, Wicked Weed. Newer restaurant/brewery that has apparently just been killing it lately.

can't recommend wicked weed enough.

it's in a good spot to walk up the street and check out some galleries, too.

I think the wife and I are going to head up for a long weekend for our anniversary. I'll definitely need to try Wicked Weed.

We always go to Bouchon and Salsa and try to add 1 new place.

Back