• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

Went to limones a few weeks ago. So MONTE. Waaaayy better than Salsas.

Went to hi wire brewing last week and it is really good. Not as good as wicked weed, but more normal beers, not quite as snoody, and more sessionable. Also, went to Ben's Tune Up and they had really good Asian style apps and stuff. The atmosphere was cool too.

best not-$200+ a night hotel to stay in that's near fun stuff?

I was going to say aloft, but it looks like that's $179... which might as well be $200. that's all that immediately comes to mind.

eta: when you say 'close to fun stuff' do you just mean in drivable distance? or close like you could walk to and from the hotel to get to things? if drivable, just pick a hotel somewhere of 240. everything's close enough, you won't drive more than 15-20min to get somewhere.

walk to and from the hotel - I'm going to be staying there at least one night a week for the next little bit for work related stuff so I need to keep it cheap enough to be reimbursed but I'd like to get out and play a little after work without having to worry about driving.

walk to and from the hotel - I'm going to be staying there at least one night a week for the next little bit for work related stuff so I need to keep it cheap enough to be reimbursed but I'd like to get out and play a little after work without having to worry about driving.

Hotel Indigo is within walking distance of downtown. I'm pretty sure it's under $200.

Aloft or Downtown Inn will be your cheaper options, unless you go with a hostel.... doubt that's what you want, though.

oh man, downtown inn & suites is way cheaper than i realized!
it's also practically across the street from jack of the wood/lobster trap.

Downtown has been cleaned up some, but is still a dump. There is a reason its surrounded by "gated" windows. If you're staying on Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur then there are deals to be had like at the Baymont (Hendersonville Rd & I-40) for $100 a night and at the Homewood Suites over on Tunnel @ $135 per (about 1-2 miles from downtown). We did stay at the Aloft a couple of weeks back on a Thursday night and it was pretty awesome. The bar area is amazing and looks right out over Biltmore Ave right where Barleys is, but it was $170 for the night. If you're gonna be there over the weekend the average jumps to around $150-$275 for Aloft/Indigo

went to Limones last Saturday... so good. Maragarita Caliente was awesome

you looking for beer, cocktails, or a combination of both?

Combo. Wife will probably mix wine, beer and a cocktail, but slowly. I'll do liquor and beer.

Will probably end up at JOTW for bluegrass jam night.

cookoutdeac is heavy on the Wicked Week suggestion.

Staying at aloft.

Back