• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Asheville Restaurants

I don't think anyone really disagrees with that. But also don't be surprised when a city that prides itself on supporting local businesses (and supported you well enough to make that buyout happen in the first place) stops going there. Not that they'll really suffer for it, plenty of tourists still going to hit it up, even when the quality inevitably drops like it has with Goose Island and Elysian.

I just hope the guys that actually did the hard work starting it up got paid too (Walt and Luke), and not just the Guthy family, who are certainly "smart businessmen" (made most of their fortune on direct marketing/informercial products iirc).

I never got the concept that someone who opens a business could "sell out". I was always under the assumption that the whole purpose of opening a business was to make as much money as possible. Seems to me the fine folks at wicked weed decided that through the acquisition they would be able to leverage InBevs capital in order to scale their operations appropriately. Thus insuring as many people as possible will be able to enjoy their products, and getting PAID in the meantime.

The whole they sold out mentality is why Asheville sucks to begin with. At least Austin sold out appropriately.

Just sent someone a list of recommendations for a trip they're taking to Asheville in September... I hope so hard for them a lot of these places are open (or that they have nice weather so they can do a lot of carry-out to eat somewhere pretty). Also, my mouth is now watering for some bbq.

Just sent someone a list of recommendations for a trip they're taking to Asheville in September... I hope so hard for them a lot of these places are open (or that they have nice weather so they can do a lot of carry-out to eat somewhere pretty). Also, my mouth is now watering for some bbq.

Most places are open these days tbh, should be even better in September and with nice weather (last year was very good weather up until late October which was a blessing). We did a few takeout meals/picnics to overlooks on the parkway with friends, always a good look if things aren't really fully rocking and rolling yet.

Lot of Asheville threads on here but not much in the past few years. Anyone got the Must Do list for a couple going to Asheville for their first time?

Lot of Asheville threads on here but not much in the past few years. Anyone got the Must Do list for a couple going to Asheville for their first time?

Burial, Biscuit Head and Sovereign Remedies.

Bhramari Brewing
Dssolvr Brewing
We hit the Owl Bakery for breakfast (gotta get there earlyish b/c they sell out of stuff) and then went to Archetype. Beers were decent but the people were pretty cool. Could just be that it was a beautiful day and we got to hang out outside drinking.
restaurants:
Jargon is a must. Awesome. Make sure you plan ahead and book a reservation.
If you are looking downtown, we had a really good meal at Isa's French Bistro

Barca and I just wrote a bunch of recs in a recent chat thread! I'll try to look it up later if I remember. When you gonna be here?

We enjoy kayaking the French Broad, followed by a beer at the takeout spot. You don't need kayaking expertise...and the water is often crystal clear. Several outfitters can hook you up.

We enjoy kayaking the French Broad, followed by a beer at the takeout spot. You don't need kayaking expertise...and the water is often crystal clear. Several outfitters can hook you up.

Ha, I love kayaking/paddle boarding on the French Broad, but I would never call that water crystal clear. :p

If it's a nice weekend you'll also have to contend with (or enjoy their company) hundreds and hundreds of tubers.

Curate is really good. Is Night Bell still around?

We always go to Asheville Bouchon when we're in town. Been going there since forever.

Curate is really good. Is Night Bell still around?

We always go to Asheville Bouchon when we're in town. Been going there since forever.

Nah, she gave up on Night Bell to focus on Curate and her bagel place (which was in the same building), which I think then became a covid casualty last year. Think atm it's just Curate and some off-shoot of Curate called the bodega or something like that.

Bouchon is def one of our favorites. If you would rather eat outside they have a sister restaurant on the east side of town called Rendezvous that has nearly an identical menu.

Last edited:
Will be there in June. I just made a reservation for Forestry Camp. Menu/pictures look great.

Bouchon is def one of our favorites. If you would rather eat outside they have a sister restaurant on the east side of town called Rendezvous that has nearly an identical menu.

Do they do steak tartare on Thursdays? I always get that or the mussels.

Back