• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New bball commit

Found another Andre article here about his transfer to private school, and one here about Bennett at UVa being after him. The second article mentions Wake and West Virginia as well as UVa showing interest.

Welcome, Andre.

Lame. That's why I dropped Premium like it was hot after only a month.

Typical Premium cocktease stuff.

I looked up my summary of the recruiting chat from July 2009 today, just for craps and giggles. LOL. Not even close. This was my favorite line: According to Ty, he is now 7’3” and weighs 260.

People are going to continue to make fun of [Redacted] (I bet it gets awful on Blogger So Dear), but I think this is a good signing. He is exactly what we need, and seems to be a high character kid that will work hard in the classroom as well as on the court.

Excited to have a kid of his caliber academically and athletically. He seems to be a sleeper as well and we got him at a good time. I know Coach can't comment on the guys from 2012 yet, but I am eager to hear what he has to say when the time comes. I believe that he has gotten 3 guys that will work hard for themselves, as well as the team.

I am really looking forward to interviewing Codi and Aaron tomorrow.

I hear that Washington is more like 215 pounds. The comparisons to Ty are stupid, not every tall, skinny post player is exactly the same. AW sounds much more offensively skilled.

0.jpg

Found another Andre article here about his transfer to private school, and one here about Bennett at UVa being after him. The second article mentions Wake and West Virginia as well as UVa showing interest.

Welcome, Andre.

I find it curious that you "found" these articles 10 minutes after they were posted on premium. Me thinks me knows where you "found" them

I find it curious that you "found" these articles 10 minutes after they were posted on premium. Me thinks me knows where you "found" them

Why would that be an issue?

The content does not belong to scout.

ty sucks because he's a pussy, not because he isn't skilled

#realtalk

Duncan was very light when he got here. But Darius was very old for his class and a pretty good sized power forward as a freshman.

You're right, I was confusing the sizes of Vytas and Darius. Levy was 6'9" and 180 during the '03-04 season. Granted Levy had some durability issues, but that was when he was a Jr. Andre is a Jr. in HS and has 20 more pounds and only 1 more inch.

I was going to say, Countdown until he is compared to Timmy Duncan, but I see that it has already happened!

Welcome, Andre! Make the most of your time at Wake!

Nope. Just using google. Is google premium now, too? I'm ProsserForPres on ds and don't want/have premium.

Thanks though.

Welcome aboard Andre! Glad you are a Deacon! Any word on how Katenda's visit is going?

Welcome to Wake, Andre.

Hopefully he'll fill out a little and be able to help us down low. He seems to address a need in that he's a big post player with some upside.

And yea, we're just going to have to get used to [Redacted] targeting guys with little to no competing high-major offers. Apparently, that's just his style / comfort level / whatever. We'd all obviously prefer that Richmond, UVA, and/or WVU had actually offered this kid, but at this point we're just going to have to hope and trust that [Redacted] knows what he wants and knows, consequently, that what he wants will end up contributing to more wins than losses. I hope he's right and that he knows what he's doing.

Congrats to both Andre for committing and to [Redacted] and his staff for the commit.

Also, I think a lot of us are putting too much "weight" (pun intended) on his lack of bulk vis-a-vis his longterm potential as a high-major talent and as an effective post player. Basically, I think we're conflating the fact that we currently feature post players who are very skinny with the fact that they are simultaneously, well, not ideal rebounders or defenders. The weight issue isn't helping, but it's not necessarily the cause. Most high school post players (and basketball players generally) are pretty skinny. The fact that our skinny post players are shitty rebounders, defenders, and post scorers has a lot more to do with their mental temperament and other intangible factors than sheer lack of bulk, IMHO.

Basically, I don't think the lack of weight on Washington (or Rountree) should be cause for concern on its face. If they end up ineffective as high-major frontcourt players, chances are that above-the-shoulders limitations will play as much of, it not a larger role than the lack of a few extra pounds.

a shame that some people dont respect the wishes of a recruit and their family.

Back