• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New bball commit

a shame that some people dont respect the wishes of a recruit and their family.

You mean like their fellow recruits?

Aaron Rountree
RealBIGTree33 Aaron Rountree
#ShoutOut to the homie Andre Washington on the commitment! Welcome to the Fam!!
1 hour ago

catu, I find it odd that you come over here and offer critiques of what is said about recruiting.

that was tweeted after andre and his family had contacted all parties involved in his recruitment...which was around 330.

Seems like the folks over at DS/Scout are as worried and paranoid about this site as some folks over here are about that site....

im done posting here. I just feel bad for the young man and his family that some people did not respect their wishes. I know I did.

I am a man of my word and I know I did right by the Washingtons.

Before you criticize the person that started this thread did you stop to think that maybe the same request was not made of them???

im done posting here. I just feel bad for the young man and his family that some people did not respect their wishes. I know I did.

You know what happens when you ASSume?

In all fairness, Blogger So Dear also did not release the information until it was "public".

I am a man of my word and I know I did right by the Washingtons.

This has nothing to do with what you initially quoted. You can't have it both ways. Either you report it when you find out and have the first scoop, or you wait until the family wants you to announce it. Putting a vague statement out there and then another source beating you to reporting the actual news still means you are second.

And let it be stated as fact that it was not me who reported it to anyone. I had no idea it was him who committed.

catu, you guys made it pretty clear that Rountree and Washington were in the bag for awhile now. I'm sorry if I can't pretend to be surprised.

a shame that some people dont respect the wishes of a recruit and their family.

What were Washington's wishes?

"Hey catu, could you tease that somebody verballed this morning but wait a few hours before telling people it's me? Thanks, man!"

Another example of what beedeac was talking about here:

Sweet! This is why I came to the boards to begin with! I definitely appreciate the information without feeling like a mutt waiting for the crumbs to fall off the table. Great job guys on this service, and I will be over on Rivals checking out recruiting as well.

Uh oh looks like catu got his feelings caught.

The information was gained from a twitter account. That's how the world works now. Scout and Rivals premium is slowly becoming irrelevant. Time for a new business model.

I'm wondering what Catu's thought process was for these posts here. Whenever a group fractures and there's a split off, I wouldn't expect the "rebels" to be very responsive to the old status quo coming over and scolding them for something. That was never going to get very far.

There's probably a Gaddafi joke to be made here, but I'm to lazy to come up with it.

He might have a point, but there's no way he can be taken seriously over here.

I am not really sure what the big deal is about the information getting out "early". The guy is a Deac and I hope he turns out to be a star. Its not like someone revealed the ending to "Lost".

Nice stroke, looks well coordinated, hope he hits the weight room and training table very hard. Welcome to Wake, Andre!

Back