• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New bball commit

I am not really sure what the big deal is about the information getting out "early". The guy is a Deac and I hope he turns out to be a star. Its not like someone revealed the ending to "Lost".

:laugh:

On my phone, so sorry if it's been posted, but what do his stats look like?

Either way, welcome. I might have doubts about our recruiting direction, but once a guy commits to Wake, he's one of us.

Last edited:
Averaged 3 points a game last year. Made a big leap & averaged 16 points & 10 rebounds this year with 9 triple doubles.

while i think catu is going a bit overboard coming over here and calling people out, he does actually have a point. scoopdeac can post whatever he/she chooses whenever they want but if a recruit actually asked the Wake staff to keep their commitment quiet until they could contact other coaching staffs and/or announce it themselves, and the coaching staff tells others about the commitment with the same restrictions, it is a pretty dick move to put it out there prematurely.

either way, welcome to Wake Andre.

while i think catu is going a bit overboard coming over here and calling people out, he does actually have a point. scoopdeac can post whatever he/she chooses whenever they want but if a recruit actually asked the Wake staff to keep their commitment quiet until they could contact other coaching staffs and/or announce it themselves, and the coaching staff tells others about the commitment with the same restrictions, it is a pretty dick move to put it out there prematurely.

I somewhat agree, but Ph and TheIsh are definitely right about catu's "scoop" on the premium board.

Frankly, this is why scout's "insider" information is terrible.

Welcome to Wake, Andre. You will be a part of the re-aWAKEning of the Nation!

Go Deacs!!

I can't tell if you're serious or not.

He's serious; an article linked earlier in this thread said that as a sophomore, Andre averaged only 3 PPG but that he broke out this past year to average 16 and 10.

Just to make sure are you talking about it's a dick move by who?

-by the coaching staff to tell people in the first place or
-by whoever the coaching staff told for teasing the information?

I agree on both parts regardless. If I'm the kid's parents, I'm a little turned off by the fact on the day my kid verbals, I ask the coaches I just trusted my kid to to just wait a few hours to tell anybody and they go tell some schmo from a message board who starts blabbing. Something like that could burn them one day. I doubt it was a factor, but the whole Jerry Smith silent verbal leaks come to mind.

Last edited:
That is correct, he transferred and did his junior year over. I emailed Doug Doughty who covers recruiting in Virginia and writes for the Roanoke paper. He said Andre is a good player who lacks experience. He said he is legit 6.10 or 6.11 and UVa may offer him. He didn't answer my question about whether he considered him a ACC level recruit. This was a few weeks ago when his name first came up.

Just to make sure are you talking about it's a dick move who?

-by the coaching staff to tell people in the first place or
-by whoever the coaching staff told for teasing the information?

I agree on both parts regardless.

just to clarify.

it was a bit of a dick move for members of the bball staff, or whoever did it, to tell outside sources about the commitment but that they had to keep it private. they, above all else, should respect the recruit.

it was an even bigger dick move by those people to release the info (whether directly or by hinting) before hand. they should have respected the wishes of their sources and the wishes of the recruit.

it was an even bigger dick move for a certain somebody to come over here and chastise people about the thing. there is just no need for that

Last edited:
________ has potential to be awesome and fills a definite need. ___, _____, _______ and ___ were looking at him and he was fast rising.

I don't understand the point of a scoop, or any of that if we're all waiting for it to be public?

Why don't we just get rid of all the insiders and post links to the W-S Journal after it's announced?

Grow the fuck up.....the only person anyone should be mad at is whoever in the coaching staff/AD told an outsider.

The masses will spread and gossip regardless of info, so if you want it to be secret, cut the "I'll tell you but you can't tell anyone else" bullshit and keep it to yourself.

THANKS FOR THE SCOOP!

Great to get info early!

Um...repeating his junior year? So this is his 4th year in high school? If so that's not the best news with respect to potential upside.

I agree the coaches should respect the family's wishes, but give me a break. This whole "leak" conversation is ridiculous. How many people allegedly found out before they "should" have? 100 internet nerds. Tops.

It's not like we're talking about the long awaited signing of this generation's Lew Alcindor. We just snagged a Liberty recruit for crying out loud.

catu is claiming that his source wasn't the coaching staff, but the kid and parents themselves.

So he directly went against what he promised to do and is making himself out to be a martyr for violating their confidence.

Back