• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New bball commit

catu, which of the following is closer to what Washington and his parents asked you to do?

"catu, we want to notify other coaches that Andre is committing to Wake. Please do us a favor and don't tell anyone about it until we're ready."

or

"catu, go tell DemanDeac and tell him to post a thread on the Premium boards teasing a commit. Make sure the thread is the equivalent of a little girl running around the playground screaming 'I've got a secret, but I can't tell you!' and drag out the info for a few hours. Meanwhile some Wake fans can figure out that it's Andre committing for 2012 while others get their hopes up that it's Katenda who is visiting now, is more highly touted, and can help next season, so they'll be a little disappointed when they find out it's my kid."

Which one?

The other thing about this is that catu assumes that Scoop's source asked Scoop to hold off on the info. What if that's not the case? You weren't the only person to know about this obviously.

catu is playing the martyr here instead of realizing it's pretty simple. Don't tell a secret you're not supposed to tell. And that includes not telling people you have a secret in the first place.

I definitely got an email from someone who presumed it was Katenda and got all excited for a sec.

Still somewhat optimistic that they seem to be getting their guys and not scrambling and ending up with a mish mash of players or debating whether or not to throw a scholly at a Lance Stephenson. I don't know how it will pan out, but I'm in the camp that this is a good thing and not necessarily a case of setting their sights low.

Welcome Andre!

Andre Washington sounds like a John Henson type of player. We need him badly and he sounds like a good one for Bz

Andre Washington sounds like a John Henson type of player. We need him badly and he sounds like a good one for Bz

From what I've seen, Andre is not nearly as athletic/bouncy as Henson, but hopefully will be a bit more developed offensively by the time he gets here. Keep in mind that Henson was one of the top rated players in America his HS year, so that's a bit lofty.

Welcome Andre!

Great get for Coach [Redacted]!

Kid certainly has the type of shoulder/frame that typically can absorb real weight gain.Kid also has some gangliness in his lower legs which may indicate some growth gaps in his knees...also has real large boats...probably will grow some more.

Guys whose shoulders have no roundness have a tough time -- kids who look like they are on a coat hanger.

Think that he could be a fairly decent player for us. Really hopes that he puts on some more lbs before he takes the floor for us.

Think that he could be a fairly decent player for us. Really hopes that he puts on some more lbs before he takes the floor for us.

He's at 215 now and he has a year and a half of weight training to put on needed muscle. I would be disappointed if he came in at less than 230 and I think he has the potential to be in the 240 range by the time he puts on a Wake uniform.

He's at 215 now and he has a year and a half of weight training to put on needed muscle. I would be disappointed if he came in at less than 230 and I think he has the potential to be in the 240 range by the time he puts on a Wake uniform.

Thats about where I was thinking which would be pretty solid... thats as long as he stays away from the "Ty Walker Diet"

Nice!

DeaconKing had nice things to say about this kid. Chances are likely he'll fill in (Ty Walker notwithstanding.) How does this impact our remaining 2012 targets, though?

With Aaron Roundtree, Codi Miller-McIntyre and now Washington; we stand at 3 for 2012. With Ari Stewart's departure (wish him well) and unsure if Melvin Tabb is staying (hope he stays); I think 1 maybe 2 more recruits? Katenda (6-9 215 PF CT) in 2011, possibly, depending on his Notre Dame visit in mid-April or do we keep it and try for a Stefan Jankovic (6-10 215 PF WV) or ........? Katenda enjoyed his visit over the weekend but did not commit at this time. What do you think.

Though not in this guys league at this point, but I think he looks more like a Tim Duncan in how he approaches the game. Appears to be a better FT shooter then Tim Duncan, but everything else is a definite wait and see.

Lectro said:
Welcome Andre!

Great get for Coach [Redacted]!

Kid certainly has the type of shoulder/frame that typically can absorb real weight gain.Kid also has some gangliness in his lower legs which may indicate some growth gaps in his knees...also has real large boats...probably will grow some more.

Guys whose shoulders have no roundness have a tough time -- kids who look like they are on a coat hanger.

Pretty sure this isn't the real lectro.

l3301928.jpg

Doesn't do us a lot of good for next year, unfortunately, and maybe not for 2013 either unless he puts on about 40 pounds.

Nonetheless, welcome aboard, big fella.

Welcome Andre! How much muscle milk/protein powder/steakhouse gift cards can we send this kid without getting busted?

Another article on Washington's commitment. Says he average 3.5 blocks per game last year not points as has been reported elsewhere.

Washington averaged 14.1 points, 9.7 rebounds and 6.7 blocked shots for the Celtics.

In 2010, Washington averaged 8.6 points, 7.6 rebounds and blocked a team-best 74 shots, an average of 3.5 per-game, for an FCHS squad that finished 11-10. He earned honorable mention All Western Valley District recognition.

He's also orginally from Rocky Mount so I think I would count him as another North Carolina recruit.

His AAU team is East Coast Fusion if anyone wants to check him out this summer.

Link

I stand corrected then. So does every state in the South have a Rocky Mount?

Back