• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta Help

Best BBQ is Fox Bros but you will hit the hotel before you hit that area of the A. Bucket shop has some decent wings and brews and a deck for game watching, and you can walk from the hotel. It is across from the mall.

Plenty of cabs near the Fox. He should not limit his chooices because of a $12 roundtrip cab ride, IMO

Best BBQ is Fox Bros but you will hit the hotel before you hit that area of the A. Bucket shop has some decent wings and brews and a deck for game watching, and you can walk from the hotel. It is across from the mall.

Who the fuck comes from out of town with their pregnant wife to see Wicked at teh Fox Theater and goes to a wing place to eat?

Will have a car. Would prefer to keep it in the deck unless it's really worth it.

Any good BBQ place for lunch on my way in? Or a greasy spoon (not the Varsity). I'll be coming down 85 South. Bonus points if it's a place that would likely have the Wake game on.

There is no place special to eat along I-85 between Charlotte and Atlanta. Don't know what time you're going to be eating lunch, but there is a Chick-fil-A at the Hwy 441 exit in Commerce, GA.

The only things really worth mentioning are The Beacon Drive-In in Spartanburg (10-15 mins from I-85), Hooters in Anderson (right at the interstate), The Esso Club in Clemson (30 minutes from the interstate but don't go this weekend because there's a home game).

I love Hal's myself but Moon's recs are very very strong.

I was talking about a lunch place inside Atlanta's perimeter but on the side of town I'll be arriving from. I'm only coming from Greenville, SC so I'm flexible on time but am leaning towards chick-fil-a in the car and watching the game at the hotel.

I was talking about a lunch place inside Atlanta's perimeter but on the side of town I'll be arriving from. I'm only coming from Greenville, SC so I'm flexible on time but am leaning towards chick-fil-a in the car and watching the game at the hotel.

This wouldn't be too far out of the way as you are coming south on I-85. Get off at Clairmont Road and head south towards Decatur. Pretty decent barbecue and very good sides.

http://www.communityqbbq.com/

Ill throw this on the thread- heading from Atlanta to Wake on Friday leaving around 1pm, whats the best/quickest way to go?

For lunch, go to New Yorker Deli on Paces Ferry Road. Order the Big Ass Roast Beef sandwich, and enjoy. Very near your hotel. Great sandwich. You could do greasy spoon at White House - really a diner/breakfast place. Also nearby. No tvs, though. Cheyenne Grille is nearby - Tarholes hangout, but good sports bar/good food. Formal meals/dinner have already been covered. La Fonda (several locations) is good cheap Cuban food - get something authentic like the yellow rice/chicken dishes served in skillets. Can't go wrong there.

Back