• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlanta Help

Ill throw this on the thread- heading from Atlanta to Wake on Friday leaving around 1pm, whats the best/quickest way to go?

N on 85. When you get to Charlotte you have to make the 77/40 or 85/52 decision. I have been going 85/52 most of the time recently. I think it is basically 6 in one half dozen or the other.

Enjoy the show - I went last Thursday and it was fantastic (front row, center aisle seats didn't hurt). We ate at Livingston, but just for the convenience factor coming straight from work - the theatre menu is a pretty good deal, but if I didn't live here, I would probably go with one of Andre's or Moon's suggestions.

There is no place special to eat along I-85 between Charlotte and Atlanta. Don't know what time you're going to be eating lunch, but there is a Chick-fil-A at the Hwy 441 exit in Commerce, GA.

The only things really worth mentioning are The Beacon Drive-In in Spartanburg (10-15 mins from I-85), Hooters in Anderson (right at the interstate), The Esso Club in Clemson (30 minutes from the interstate but don't go this weekend because there's a home game).

The Beacon rocks but you better make sure ther e is a crapper near by after you finish. Its not exactly the place for a preggo wife IMHO.

La Fourchette is really good. Just ate there 2 weeks ago when I was at the same hotel. It's about a block away. Upscale enough for your wife, but not ridiculously priced. My girlfriend loved it.

Bones on the other hand....is pricey.

Come by Piedmont Park after the show after your wife goes to bed. I'll Moonzzz lubed up and waiting for you.

More like 10-20. To my tailgating spot that is...maybe not to winston proper, campus, or harpers fully nude cabaret.

Last edited:
I'll be at the show Sat night as well! Hopefully Wake won't cause me to drink all afternoon and I sleep through it...

On a Friday around 5 I'd probably do 52. Traffic on 77 can be a bitch.

I have no idea what to do with myself on Friday while my sister is at work

I was thinking about going downtown but that works too

Or I could go to Emory, are there rich babes there?

I was at a bar next to my hotel near Emory a while back. It was trivia night and I joined in with a group of Emory chicks + a couple locals after I helped them answer some questions with my smartness. One chick kept rubbing her butt against my leg and being quite friendly. She was cute too. I probably could have banged her. I think I posted about it at the time.

Back