• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

If you are interested in 5th Quarter movie

The 5th Quarter made $219,000 over the weekend from 123 locations. That's a $1,780 per theater average. Just for reference, a similar movie like Facing the Giants had a $3,046 average its opening weekend. Not very good, but to be expected considering the limited audience for this type of film. Anybody know what the budget was for this?

I'm really interested to see how non-Wake affiliated viewers respond to the film. I imagine they'd be much more critical and less forgiving.

As a Wake fan, I absolutely loved it. It was a great tribute, and a nice trip down memory lane. I will definitely add this to my 2006 artifact collection (magazines, books, tapes, etc.) when it comes out on DVD.

The 5th Quarter made $219,000 over the weekend from 123 locations. That's a $1,780 per theater average. Just for reference, a similar movie like Facing the Giants had a $3,046 average its opening weekend. Not very good, but to be expected considering the limited audience for this type of film. Anybody know what the budget was for this?

That is because all you cheapo's went to Carmike.

Went to the 1:05 showing at Wynsong, and I'd say the theatre was 2/3 full.

Overall, the movie painted WFU in a very good light. It was a story that really needed to be told, regardless of how it did at the box office. Hopefully it'll open peoples eyes to reckless driving and organ donation.

Wow... I'm shocked to see that this movie is out on torrents. I didn't think pirates would care about it.

Loved the movie, but I'm a homer. The acting was terrible, but the story is so good, of course, that you tend not to care. What a magical ride 2006 was, but as was said earlier, so much sadness. RIP Luke and Gaines

Back