• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

keeper - it is your job here

1976Deac

Reaction score
to remind us what a good job a certain oc did today...

As I always try to respect my elders I am not about to presume to do it in your stead. Bring it on, keeper.

Give Lobo a grade of 99 today. What the heck was that third down pass on third and two with FSU down to one timeout? Other than that, no head scratchers.

Give Lobo a grade of 99 today. What the heck was that third down pass on third and two with FSU down to one timeout? Other than that, no head scratchers.

It was like 3rd and 4. I have no problem trying to get the 1st down there. Convert and the game is over.

to remind us what a good job a certain oc did today...

As I always try to respect my elders I am not about to presume to do it in your stead. Bring it on, keeper.

Thank you lad. All right all you Lobo haters, I can't remember a better called game at Wake Forest. What a job!

Thought Lobo called an excellent game today. This coming from someone who has been very critical of him in the past. Only call I didn't really like was the FB dive on 3rd and inches at their 3. I would have called a QB sneak, but T-Bo got the 1st down so not like I can complain.

A+ for Lobo today.

He ran wide too much early, but switched up to between the tackles more late and the running game got started. Another solid passing day.

Also it seems that either Lobo or Galloway has talked Grobe into throwing deep on 3rd when we are outside FG range since an INT in that situation is equal to a punt. Really liking that.

Also it seems that either Lobo or Galloway has talked Grobe into throwing deep on 3rd when we are outside FG range since an INT in that situation is equal to a punt. Really liking that.

We are trying to get first downs on third and long this year, whereas in prior years it was an automatic run to settle for a field goal attempt or avoid a turnover. So much better.

Good points on this thread. Good 2nd half adjustments in the run game and good run/pass distribution. Definitely like the deep balls on 3rd down. Almost had a great "punt".

Good points on this thread. Good 2nd half adjustments in the run game and good run/pass distribution. Definitely like the deep balls on 3rd down. Almost had a great "punt".

Haha yeah, I was hoping they would review it and give him the INT inside the 5 late in the 4th. Very little downside on that play. Could run a little bit more clock, but it puts them away if it's complete.

Had basically no issues with any plays today. I was very happy to see Wake not resort to draws on 2nd and long today. Kept attacking which was important.

Hopefully Lobo and co have learned to trust Tanner. He's been making great decisions, and I have no problem at all with the ball in his hands late in the game. What a drive after FSU scored to grab that field goal in the fourth by Price.

keeper. why don't you quit being a dickface and record some stadium sounds for us on NCAA football? I mean.. it would take like 10 minutes.

Exactly. Throwing to Givens in/near the endzone on 3rd down is a good percentage play. Good to see our staff realizing how to really play the odds. Maybe Galloway is the "one smart guy" our staff has needed in these situations. Throwing the bomb to run out the clock last week was a great decision as well.

Here's a sign of major progress. I can't think of that many times we've won in which the offense scored on their last full position (i.e. not a kneel down). Even though it was just a FG, it put us up two possessions and completely changed the end of game scenario. Most wins over the last few years it's been the defense doing the heavy lifting in the end.

Absolutely a gem from Lobo... Although, it was definitely a poor call to have Harris run the ball to the outside immediately after a play he took for a big gain in the 1st half... He was gassed & had nothing left to defend against getting clobbered... Could have turned out worse.

keeper. why don't you quit being a dickface and record some stadium sounds for us on NCAA football? I mean.. it would take like 10 minutes.

I'm afraid I am not following you here....

It was supposed to be a roll out quick throw, but FSU jumped all over that. Givens had 1 on 1 coverage, so Tanner threw it there. Givens was open if he threw to sideline instead of middle of field.

We are finally taking some shots downfield. Tanner wasn't very accurate on his deep balls today, but just the threat opened up some room for our backs in the second half.

Back