• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

keeper - it is your job here

It 's amazing how much smarter the coaches are when the players execute correctly.

Lobo and the entire staff learned from the Syracuse debacle and since then - wow - we go for it all the time - very happy with the coaches.

The ones you posted pretty much every time the colts won last year

Didn't care too much for that 3rd down pass play in our last possession, but understand the reasoning. It was a great game from the coaches.

Don't people get banned around here for calling out another poster? Isn't that why Lectro was banned?

It 's amazing how much smarter the coaches are when the players execute correctly.

... and you have a new defensive coordinator

... and you have a new receiver's coach who is contributing heavily to our offensive schemes.

I'm just speculating here but perhaps running outside in the first half and inside during the second half was all part of the game plan. In the first half you stretch out the defense, then in the second half you take advantage of the gaps thus created inside.

Or it might have just been improvised. Let's try this, let's try that, and go with what works.

Very true. Although I wouldn't give any coaching staff or players credit for negative rushing yards.

Did Jimbo give Grobe a legit handsake? As much as I don't like FSU, I feel like Bobby Bowden at least respected Grobe and our program. Bobby was a class act, a good man and a good coach. Jimbo and Mark Stoops- I don't know. I feel like they would cry wolf and say WFU chop blocks ala Chuck Amato. There were no smoke and mirrors..we were the better team. Multiple times, FSU would "go backwards" to get more yards...and be stopped for a loss. We have talent and speed. I love it that Bud and Ziggy came to play today. I think FSU is the most raw talented team in the conference. If we can beat them, who knows what will happen.
Go Deacs!!!!!

Among some posters on this board, Lobo's grade would have gone from positive to negative if FSU had recovered the onside kick and gone on to score, without Wake running another play. There would be 2 or 3 "bad" calls by Lobo that "cost us the game".

JKW385 said:
Did Jimbo give Grobe a legit handsake? As much as I don't like FSU, I feel like Bobby Bowden at least respected Grobe and our program. Bobby was a class act, a good man and a good coach. Jimbo and Mark Stoops- I don't know. I feel like they would cry wolf and say WFU chop blocks ala Chuck Amato. There were no smoke and mirrors..we were the better team. Multiple times, FSU would "go backwards" to get more yards...and be stopped for a loss. We have talent and speed. I love it that Bud and Ziggy came to play today. I think FSU is the most raw talented team in the conference. If we can beat them, who knows what will happen.
Go Deacs!!!!!

On the ACC websites highlights, they showed both coaches meeting and talking at midfield. Jimbo seemed to offer a legit congrats and both coaches spoke briefly.

His post game comments were nothing more than a coach who wishes his team could play well in all three phases o the game at the same time. Nothing really to be upset about Jimbo, he was classy in postgame.

They do have lots of raw talent and speed. I was sure Harris was going to break both long runs for a TD but they managed to catch him.

It was supposed to be a roll out quick throw, but FSU jumped all over that. Givens had 1 on 1 coverage, so Tanner threw it there. Givens was open if he threw to sideline instead of middle of field.

Excellent post. This makes sense.

Don't people get banned around here for calling out another poster? Isn't that why Lectro was banned?

How is it calling him out? Last year he would post a thread praising Caldwell and mocking anyone who would dare question him. This year I havent seen anything? I was just wondering if he still thought Caldwell was a good coach or if he had just moved onto another gimmick to be a major douchebag. And I am wondering if wake scores 10 pts a game next year if the lobo threads will go away too.

Absolutely a gem from Lobo... Although, it was definitely a poor call to have Harris run the ball to the outside immediately after a play he took for a big gain in the 1st half... He was gassed & had nothing left to defend against getting clobbered... Could have turned out worse.

Completely agree with this; it was dumb with that play call to go back to Harris, who was clearly just beat.

Only difference I have with a lot of comments on this thread is I'm not one of the people who's surprised when Lobo has a great game.

Back