• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carolina Challenge Thread

From Blogger so Dear:

We know that you will be joining Aaron Rountree's AAU team this summer. Can you talk about the benefits of playing with a future college teammate on your AAU team, and how that might carry over into Wake Forest?

It's really a dream come true. I never thought that I would ever be playing with anybody that is as good as Aaron, or at the level that these guys play on. Once we got on the court together we clicked from day one. We just want to take the chemistry that we already have and take it to Wake. That can be a really good thing for everybody involved.

From Blogger so Dear:

It's really a dream come true. I never thought that I would ever be playing with anybody that is as good as Aaron, or at the level that these guys play on. Once we got on the court together we clicked from day one. We just want to take the chemistry that we already have and take it to Wake. That can be a really good thing for everybody involved.

:koolaid: <---- drink it up

I'm still not completely sold, but I'm definitely a lot happier about these commits than I was a week ago. It's a great idea for them to start playing together, I wish more of our recruits did that. We can use all the chemistry we can get.

Love the quote from Rountree. Seems to be a bright, aware guy. His game sounds like he'll be a nice X-factor guy. So far he looks like he could be one of my favorites.

Working on the videos now. Braxton Ogbueze has a legit 3-point shot. Didn't realize he hit that many until I saw it on replay. Ogbueze/Rountree/Caleb Martin were all on the same team.

A few pics of Tree from the N&O. Didn't see any of CMM in the 98 they posted.

First_Look__Dave_Telep_s_Carolina_Challenge___03.26.11_TonPqnGK_NRN_Car_Chalng_gjm_83.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.JPG

First_Look__Dave_Telep_s_Carolina_Challenge___03.26.11_TonPqnGK_NRN_Car_Chalng_gjm_77.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.JPG

First_Look__Dave_Telep_s_Carolina_Challenge___03.26.11_TonPqnGK_NRN_Car_Chalng_gjm_84.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.JPG

Dude passes the eye test. He's no Jarrell 'Guns' Eddie, but his arms are crazy long.

So CMM's coach says he's one of the best athletes he's coached, and now we hear about him ripping the nets from three. How does he compare to JTT?

I was there with 27, and Jake yesterday, and I was very impressed Rountree and C-MM. Both showed weaknesses, but also demonstrated a tremendous amount of ability. I really believe that we got a steal with these 2 kids. I expect them to have incredible summers on the AAU circuit.

So CMM's coach says he's one of the best athletes he's coached, and now we hear about him ripping the nets from three. How does he compare to JTT?

Codi is not as athletic as JTT and is not nearly the scorer. However, he obviously has better PG skills and defense. A guy like Stitt is more of a long-term comparison.

Codi is not as athletic as JTT and is not nearly the scorer. However, he obviously has better PG skills and defense. A guy like Stitt is more of a long-term comparison.

I'll take a guy like Stitt in an effing heartbeat. Not a megastar or anything, but Demontez was a solid 4-year player at Clemson.

Carl started Skip Brown, Jerry Shellenberger, and Rod Griffin as freshmen. He was willing to start and play freshmen.

Back