• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carolina Challenge Thread

This board was started in part because of the "2 star gym rat" canard. Now that our recruits don't appear to be 2 star gym rats, you clowns need to be reminded of how stupid you are. I gladly accept necessary jobs, and thanks for the coffee, I'll stick to leaded.

Not looking forward to when you have to eat crow in a couple years...only because it means that [Redacted] will have failed, as so many have predicted.

I never said we would get 2 star gym rats. In fact, I have never said that we would be at the bottom of the ACC because I don't think we will be. Problem is that I don't see [Redacted] leading us to the top either, making us competitive with UNC and Duke. This is not a program elevating hire in my opinion. That's been my problem for day one.

I love, love, love CMMs form on his jumper. That is close to textbook.

Guys, just ignore deacfreke, he is only here to try to start trouble. Ignore him.

I love, love, love CMMs form on his jumper. That is close to textbook.

Guys, just ignore deacfreke, he is only here to try to start trouble. Ignore him.

Then ban him. He's a troll, and trolls should be banned.

He is a Deac fan. An annoying Deac fan, but he supports the Deacs, none the less.

If he doesn't stop his douchebaggery there are other ways we as mods can fuck with him than just banning him. I really don't want to ban anybody for just being confrontational. Not what these boards are about.

Hopefully, freke will learn to express his opinions in a better way as he gets used to this forum. He already admitted to me that he knew ADsports was dying, so he may as well get used to (his words,) "this necessary evil."

He is a Deac fan. An annoying Deac fan, but he supports the Deacs, none the less.

If he doesn't stop his douchebaggery there are other ways we as mods can fuck with him than just banning him. I really don't want to ban anybody for just being confrontational. Not what these boards are about.

Hopefully, freke will learn to express his opinions in a better way as he gets used to this forum. He already admitted to me that he knew ADsports was dying, so he may as well get used to (his words,) "this necessary evil."

I applaud your consistency. My ban trigger would be far too sensitive for this place...

A few pics of Tree from the N&O. Didn't see any of CMM in the 98 they posted.

First_Look__Dave_Telep_s_Carolina_Challenge___03.26.11_TonPqnGK_NRN_Car_Chalng_gjm_83.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.JPG

]

Back to something that is not deacreke.

Aaron Rountree looks EXACTLY like Ron Artest.

Also CMM seems much more physically developed than we heard. I thought he was long and athletic but not exactly a solid guy. Appears from pics and video to already have the D1 body.

Rountree is an absolute joy to watch in those videos. Shooting form is a little wild (his elbow seems to fly out), but the talk about his handle/passing isn't exaggerated. Really impressive.

Rountree does get straight picked by CMM on CMM's highlight clip, then proceeds to almost throw the inbounds away.

I like the look of both guys, though. Rountree looks like he has the game of the type of college player I love. He just needs to wear his socks high and he'll have it locked.

i think he looks like jalen rose. i'm also afraid we are treading on very thin ice with regards to the "they all look alike" stereotype because i don't think antwan, artest, and jalen rose look very much alike.

i think he looks like jalen rose. i'm also afraid we are treading on very thin ice with regards to the "they all look alike" stereotype because i don't think antwan, artest, and jalen rose look very much alike.

Not sure about a stereotype but you are definitely guilty of a mixed metaphor.

Rountree does get straight picked by CMM on CMM's highlight clip, then proceeds to almost throw the inbounds away.

I like the look of both guys, though. Rountree looks like he has the game of the type of college player I love. He just needs to wear his socks high and he'll have it locked.

Good point. The videos were awesome, but I think they'd be even better if they were more of a game film (the good and the bad) than just the highlights.

ESPN's Paul Biacanardi has his recap up:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=6265760

Florida commit Braxton Ogbueze and two future Demon Deacons steal the show

Aaron Rountree (Wilson, N.C./ Greenfield School)
2012, SF, 6-8, 190 pounds
He is a long, athletic forward who possesses great instincts for the game. The Wake Forest commit played with great demeanor, handled the ball well for someone his size, demonstrated excellent vision and turned heads when he finished in transition. Roundtree is also a capable open shooter, but he needs to add weight and strength to his frame.

Codi Miller-McIntyre (Concord, N.C./First Assembly)
2012, PG, 6-2, 170 pounds
The Wake Forest commit shoots it comfortably from behind the arc, has a natural pull-up jumper and is very efficient. Miller-McIntyre also has a tight handle and shows the understanding not to pick up his dribble until he is ready to score or make an assist. He finished the day averaging 15 points per game.
rec_e_roudtree_200.jpg

Back