• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Carolina Challenge Thread

We've been pretty blessed with effective bigs over the last 20 years.

CMM and Aaron should move up the rankings after this weekend/the summer they are slated to have on their AAU team.

I'm really interested to see where Chase, CMM, and Tree finish in the rankings.

They may all end up top 100 yet. This would really go a long way in [Redacted] improving morale and getting people back on ship with his program.

In hindsight, [Redacted] has probably gotten the raw end of the stick. I don't want to derail this thread at all, but my point is if these recruits end up looking okay reputation-wise, he has a chance to win some fan support back.

ACC Sports Journal has an interview up with Aaron. I will check it out first chance I get. Also, free pre pre season ACC power ranking for next season. We are at the bottom even below BC.

What's the timeline on recruiting sites updating their rankings? Can't remember which time of the year they usually do that.

What's the timeline on recruiting sites updating their rankings? Can't remember which time of the year they usually do that.

I believe they do it after the summer AAU stuff. Would be the most logical time to do it at least.

That was my intuition as well, but for some reason I was thinking there was a chance they'd do a revision in April.

I wonder if there is a way to get Andre on Arron and CMM's AAU team.

Remember Cook was form Ohio and played on Speice.

They may all end up top 100 yet. This would really go a long way in [Redacted] improving morale and getting people back on ship with his program.

In hindsight, [Redacted] has probably gotten the raw end of the stick. I don't want to derail this thread at all, but my point is if these recruits end up looking okay reputation-wise, he has a chance to win some fan support back.

Keys to Bzzz winning back the fans, IMO:

1) Whatever it is he's doing in media interviews, he needs to do the exact opposite.
2) Win. Some. Games.
3) Win a recruiting battle.

While Fischer, Rountree, and CMM moving up the recruiting rankings will help fan morale, I don't really see it improving confidence in [Redacted] - after all, Battle was the main guy for at least two of those guys, and it's too easy to make those "we beat out Liberty and James Madison" jokes.

Keys to Bzzz winning back the fans, IMO:

1) Whatever it is he's doing in media interviews, he needs to do the exact opposite.
2) Win. Some. Games.
3) Win a recruiting battle.

While Fischer, Rountree, and CMM moving up the recruiting rankings will help fan morale, I don't really see it improving confidence in [Redacted] - after all, Battle was the main guy for at least two of those guys, and it's too easy to make those "we beat out Liberty and James Madison" jokes.

This is how college basketball recruiting works. the assistant coaches do most of the early personal recruiting at the direction of the HC.

Gumby would be impressed at how much you are stretching to find a way to make a negative out of positive recruiting results.

So you're saying fans will support him more if he starts winning and his recruits turn out to be effective contributors for a team that's better than the one we just suffered with? That's not getting the "raw end of the stick," that's just common sense.

Rountree gave a great interview. Bz could learn a lot from him. One thing though is he said that he wanted to help Wake win like when James was here. Has no told him he was recruited to be the anti-James?

That was my intuition as well, but for some reason I was thinking there was a chance they'd do a revision in April.

That seems right for the 2011 class. Don't know why the final revision for that class would wait till after the summer AAU schedule since they won't be playing summer AAU ball.

[/B]

This is how college basketball recruiting works. the assistant coaches do most of the early personal recruiting at the direction of the HC.

Gumby would be impressed at how much you are stretching to find a way to make a negative out of positive recruiting results.

Numbers isn't stretching anything. He's just pointing out the obvious that no matter how excited we are about Chase, Andre, Rountree, CMM, Fields, etc. that for most of us and for the majority of the fan base to get real excited about how [Redacted] is recruiting we're going to have to go head to head with and beat out some name schools (not UNC, Duke or Kentucky, but a high major school that has an average or better basketball program) for a recruit. And it would be icing on the cake if said recruit said one of the main reasons he wanted to come here is to play with Bz. That's not stretching. That's just common sense about what it would take to get fans excited about recruiting...

This thread was 3 stars, but it has since dropped down to 2.

I was just about to post how much better the recruiting discussion was on here compared to the Scant(ly traversed) boards, but then rj wants to get in a Bzzz pissing match on the last two pages. Can we leave those discussions on the Scant(ily intelligent) Boards?

So you're saying fans will support him more if he starts winning and his recruits turn out to be effective contributors for a team that's better than the one we just suffered with? That's not getting the "raw end of the stick," that's just common sense.

Maybe he was suggesting that the fans who have absolutely destroyed him for getting commits from CMM and Rountree because of their ranking at the time and suggesting we can't compete in the ACC with those type of recruits were being a bit premature.

Warren would be a huge get. State was probably the favorite until Lowe got fired (Warren's father played at State), and I would guess it's Georgetown right now. I doubt he's our top target right now, though, which is depressing.

Back