• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Your 5 Favorite Horror Movies Ever

Also watched Train to Busan (which I thought I'd seen before, but was mixing up with Snowpiercer in my head).

It's brilliant from the start. The guy driving a truck through the health checkpoint at the start sets off the unease from the opening, and the visual effect with the deer coming back to life is extremely well done, not tacky whatsoever, just great production value. That continues throughout, some of the best fight and chase scenes I've ever seen. And the horror ramps up and down so well. Korean filmmakers do social/family drama incredibly.

ETA: I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that the little girl is one of the best child actors I've ever seen. Absolutely brutal ending.

Last edited:
Carpenter.

Craven definitely has some legendary flicks in his repertoire. Obviously Nightmare and Scream (and however you view the low budget exploitation stuff from the 70s), but New Nightmare was a really fun meta-take and scary in its own right.

But Carpenter is a legend, pioneer, and auteur. Halloween, The Thing, The Fog, Escape from New York, They Live, Starman, Into the Mouth of Madness, Prince of Darkness, Big Trouble in Little China, Assault on Precinct 13. Even lesser entries like Christine, Escape from LA, and Darkstar are all pretty cool.

Man, I forgot Carpenter did Christine. I haven't seen that one in na whole...might have to watch it this weekend

Back