• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

I wish Ari well and hope he improves and has success at USC.

His leaving the program will be a very good thing for CJ.

Bullshit. It's no more "clear" that work ethic was Ari's problem than it is that he was miscoached and misused by an incompetent buffoon. Unless you have access to his practice schedules and the amount of time he spent in the gym and weight room, this is nothing more than a guess.

I mean asides from the info/stuff we heard last year that doofus just bought up, I went to enough games last year and saw him give up over and over again on defense to know that he wasn't putting in a ton of effort out there. I've never seen anyone give up on getting through screens/picks so easily.

The UNCW game in particular had me shaking my head. Seems like half their threes in that game came from guys he was guarding. No way a guy with his size and athleticism should not be a monster on defense, his offensive deficiencies be damned, and defense is completely about effort and desire.

I'm not convinced Bzz wasn't at fault some for his problems, but there really isn't much you can do with a guy that doesn't dribble that well, is a turnover machine, and is a liability on defense. It worked out well when he was just a role player off the bench with a great PG to get him open looks.

I hope he does well at his new school and becomes a complete player though. He's definitely got the physical tools to do it.

I always thought Ari was a little slow moving laterally which explains his problems on defense. I'm not sure he's as athletic as everyone thinks. Just my two cents.

Bullshit. It's no more "clear" that work ethic was Ari's problem than it is that he was miscoached and misused by an incompetent buffoon. Unless you have access to his practice schedules and the amount of time he spent in the gym and weight room, this is nothing more than a guess.

It's not "clear" that either coaching or work ethic were the issue. That said, I find it hard to believe that [Redacted] somehow un-taught him how to dribble though. Ari's effort on both ends of the court was so laughably bad - even in comparison to his teammates - that I find coaching hard to blame.

Bottom line is neither coaches nor players were good last year. There's no exempting any of them. Yet, of both groups, Ari was particularly terrible, and now he's transferring and saying USC is going to gain from his talents. That's hilarious.

It's not "clear" that either coaching or work ethic were the issue. That said, I find it hard to believe that [Redacted] somehow un-taught him how to dribble though. Ari's effort on both ends of the court was so laughably bad - even in comparison to his teammates - that I find coaching hard to blame.

Bottom line is neither coaches nor players were good last year. There's no exempting any of them. Yet, of both groups, Ari was particularly terrible, and now he's transferring and saying USC is going to gain from his talents. That's hilarious.

1. Exactly. It could be coaching, it could be health (I doubt it, but he did have a concussion), it could be work ethic, it could be personal issues, it could be half a dozen other things. It's almost certainly a combination of the above, but it's far from clear, to me at least.

2. What do you expect him to say? "lol at USC wasting a scholly on me. wake just got four more wins next year." I don't see what's so offensive about a kid thinking that he's a net positive, and not a negative. It's not like he said he's going to lead SC to back-to-back titles while we'll be doomed to the cellar for all eternity.

Ari will play in a NCAA tourney game before Bzzz coaches in one.

Book it.

Probably. No doubt going to play in the Pac-10 makes it easier.

Oh for fucks sake...

Yeah, the ACC is so tough right now. Massively hard to get out of this shitbag conference smelling like roses...

Buzz is wretched. The sooner he is gone the better. Everyone knows it when they honestly look at the situation. People just want to feel like "good fans" or "team players" and say, "well, we just don't know for sure yet!"

The fucking guy has won ONE conference road game in four years. ONE. He is dreadful. Completely and mind-bogglingly dreadful. Ugh. And he is shit in the press as well. He is pretty much the worst head coach one could make up on their own in a laboratory. Congrats to Buzz for managing that all on his own. Kudos!

Fire his ass already. So awesome that we get to put up with him for another season or two while he continues to suck. People say he turned Colorado around. They still haven't made the NCAA tournament, you guys realize right? And they just lost their best player that went pro after *gasp* just two years of college ball. Colorado will be shit next season. Just like we will be.

Yet some here will continue to want to look like "good fans" and protect our horrible coach. Awesome.

Do you think he did a dreadful job coaching Colorado?

At best he did a mediocre job at Colorado. Won 1 conference road game in 3 years, that part is certainly dreadful.

I will say this with absolute certainty; nothing he did at Colorado qualified him to be the head coach of men's basketball at Wake Forest University.

At best he did a mediocre job at Colorado. Won 1 conference road game in 3 years, that part is certainly dreadful.

I will say this with absolute certainty; nothing he did at Colorado qualified him to be the head coach of men's basketball at Wake Forest University.

YOU HAVE TO LOOK DEEPER! Only there will you find the qualifications.

I'd be happier if Bob "American Hero" Ross were our basketball coach. At least then we would have happy little players to look at.

Back