• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

That's what it sounds like.

Maybe that he could become better if he worked harder? Ari hasn't exactly mastered the English language yet, so it is hard to tell.

Probably said he could be a Mike Miller type player in the NBA if he worked his butt off.

I guess we kinda knew before, but it was the first real reference I have seen that says he was dismissed from the team by Bz. I could've just completely missed that though.

Thought it was pretty common knowledge that Buzz basically told Ari to find himself somewhere else to play.

I guess we kinda knew before, but it was the first real reference I have seen that says he was dismissed from the team by Bz. I could've just completely missed that though.

I mean, Ari "feels" like he was dismissed from the team. I don't know if a 20 year old's twitter feed is the best place for hard and fast facts on what happened. It could've been Ari feeling like he was dismissed because he didn't get any PT towards the end of the season, which Bzd likely did because Ari wasn't putting in any work

I guess the difference between dv7 and BBD's posts is what I was wondering. Did Bz just bench him and Ari got the message, or did Bz actually tell him to hit the road. Not that it matters, but it'd be interesting to know how it went down.

"GTFO"
http://www.bballcity.com/images/2004/jeff-[Redacted]-med.jpg

I guess the difference between dv7 and BBD's posts is what I was wondering. Did Bz just bench him and Ari got the message, or did Bz actually tell him to hit the road. Not that it matters, but it'd be interesting to know how it went down.

Well, babydeac said this:

FWIW, Ari did not have a choice about whether or not he would return next year. That decision was made for him after the game at BC. And no, he was not suspended for "academic reasons."

Considering Tabb's apparent return to [Redacted]'s good graces, I find it hard to believe Ari was simply dismissed. Maybe Buzz reads the boards, since Ari was criticized more than any other player (and rightfully so imho), and axed him.

More likely, he was given ample opportunity to suck it up and work harder, but he chose a different path and hopefully it'll be a successful one. Mike Miller's a pretty solid comparison as far as NBA guys go, wgaf is he's white? You really think at Ari's current pace he's going to spend multiple years averaging 15+ a game in the NBA and signing $10 million contracts?

Dude needs to wake up. So does LD - even Mike Miller way past his prime is more valuable than he'd be in the NBA...

that tweet tells me everything I need to know about his attitude and why he was dismissed from the team. he is incredibly deluded as to 1) the skillset of Mike Miller and 2) his own skillset. he had an absolutely horrible year against crappy competition on a super crappy team but yeah Ari you bring more to the table than Mike Miller

Yea I just have to think the difference in treatment to Tabb vs. Stewart has to be due to their respective attitudes.

Yea I just have to think the difference in treatment to Tabb vs. Stewart has to be due to their respective attitudes.

What differences? We heard lack of effort for both.

What differences? We heard lack of effort for both.

the only thing I can think of is that Tabb showed a potential willingness to change his attitude/effort/behavior whereas perhaps Ari continually defied the coaches throughout the year and showed not intention of changing. While it may have taken Tabb until late spring to get to the point where Bz let him come back, he must have been showing signs along the way.

There is also a difference in showing lack of commitment to working out and going to class and potentially showing disrespect to the coaching staff by refusing to listen to or do what they want. I have no idea what went on behind the scenes but there must have been something different. It would have been all too easy to let Tabb go as an example. just my thoughts on the matter

I wasn't there so I don't know if Ari deserved the boot. It will be difficult to watch T.Woods controlling the lane for Ky-maybe then Ari playing in LA. I hope we can have a stable roster. However, we have 6 guards in 2012 so it doesn't look.

Hopefully our last 2012 scholarship goes to a PF or C and then we will have 5 post players in 2012 to go with our 6 guards.

Back