• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

Wouldn't a normal breakdown of 13 scholarships allocate 5 or 6 of those for guards? Six does not seem discouragingly high to me considering the train wreck we had last year at one of our guard positions. Given we absolutely should not sign another one for a while.

Well 40% of the positions are guards and 60% aren't. That being said...5's not bad...six guards is too many IMO.

I mean if you want to break it down mathematically we should have 5.2 guards. So 6 guards is not some crazy number. If we just stick Travis and Rountree at the 3, assuming no Warren/Moto/Abrahamson in 2012, then we would have 6 guards and 5 posts. I guess we could have had 6 posts and 5 guards but I don't see it as a massive difference.

Yeah I was just thinking out loud and basing it on other rosters. I guess six really isn't too bad you just don't see it too much, at least with people getting solid playing time. I think most teams really only use 3 or 4 guards on a regular basis.

Well obviously not all scholarship players will be in the rotation. You don't see many 13 man rotations out there, even though I think Roy Williams tries to get there sometimes.

If we have TC, AF and CMM at pg and CJ,JT and CF at the SG, all there next season I will be very surprised to say the least.

I agree that Fields and TC are probably battling for a rotation spot in 2012 next season.

The difference at SG is that a senior is leaving in CJ and Bz's frosh seemingly to be "the guy" is coming in at PG.

TC could be the odd man out if he is not 100% better next season.

Kind of wrong thread but I laughed...

twoods55 Tony Woods
Women washing dishes is 2 RT @only1lina: Men doing lawn work is sexy

You don't recruit a PG in three consecutive years.

Either Buzz doesn't like Tony, isn't fully sure of Fields yet, or he is unconvinced about CMM.

If I'm not the guy that was recruited by him...I am wondering what my future holds, right now. Just sayin...

It isn't too difficult to figure out. We sucked out loud at point guard and Tony didn't look good at all this season. We got the best we could get late for 2011 and then got a guy Bz really wants in 2012. We have next year to evaluate TC and Fields. We couldn't have gone into next year with the exact same PG position but Fields isn't good enough to not recruit CMM. And I know we probably fucked up our chances with some better 2011 PGs during the transition but what's done is done.

It isn't too difficult to figure out. We sucked out loud at point guard and Tony didn't look good at all this season. We got the best we could get late for 2011 and then got a guy Bz really wants in 2012. We have next year to evaluate TC and Fields. We couldn't have gone into next year with the exact same PG position but Fields isn't good enough to not recruit CMM. And I know we probably fucked up our chances with some better 2011 PGs during the transition but what's done is done.

Assholes/excuses. Everyone has one.

Forgiving Buzz for his mediocre (at best) 2011 draft class is getting very tired at this point. Make the man accountable for what is happening already. Effin hell...

Never forgave him, but the PG situation played out as one would expect once we saw TC on the court. And I acknowledged that our 2011 PG recruitment fell off a cliff once Bz took over for some reason.

And once again, I'm so glad Tony didn't redshirt.

Never forgave him, but the PG situation played out as one would expect once we saw TC on the court. And I acknowledged that our 2011 PG recruitment fell off a cliff once Bz took over for some reason.

Point 1) So, you never have heard the man talk, then?

Point 2) Just like for us fans, it would be rather harsh for Buzz to judge TC solely on what he could do with, at best half a season, to get ready, right? For Buzz to recruit over him and lock up a 3rd player that played his position in the same year in such circumstances would be at best "cut throat" and at worst "dickish," right?

Not saying it is bad, but Buzz was damn cold blooded there, no matter how you want to spin it.

I think competition breeds improvement. I like that Fields and TC are going to be going at each other in practice fighting for the same spot. I think TC has as fair a chance as anyone to earn PT. After this year I'll take too many competent ball handlers than not enough.

Point 2) Just like for us fans, it would be rather harsh for Buzz to judge TC solely on what he could do with, at best half a season, to get ready, right? For Buzz to recruit over him and lock up a 3rd player that played his position in the same year in such circumstances would be at best "cut throat" and at worst "dickish," right?

Not saying it is bad, but Buzz was damn cold blooded there, no matter how you want to spin it.

I would say he did what he had to do as coach. Buzz didn't judge TC on half a season. He just didn't see anything that made him 100% count on him. Why not have a backup plan in case TC doesn't get any better? If TC can't take some competition, then he doesn't need to be playing in the ACC. Whoever steps up will be the better for it.

are you crazy? if we were not going after PGs, he would be crazy. and if you think we shouldn't be recruiting over guys who were what, top-150, you are crazy. if TC was a top-25 guy and we were suddenly recruiting a ton of guys over him, that would be one thing. but if there is anyone who is not in the top 25, i hope like hell for them to get recruited over.

are you crazy? if we were not going after PGs, he would be crazy. and if you think we shouldn't be recruiting over guys who were what, top-150, you are crazy. if TC was a top-25 guy and we were suddenly recruiting a ton of guys over him, that would be one thing. but if there is anyone who is not in the top 25, i hope like hell for them to get recruited over.

"Not saying it is bad, but Buzz was damn cold blooded there, no matter how you want to spin it."

Back