• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

We will have 3 PGs in 2012-13. One of them won't be playing much, if at all.

yup. As is the way it should be. Whoever is playing should EARN that playing time instead of just getting it by default.

Seriously dude, you're reaching on this one.

We LOVED Skip when he told recruits that no starting spot was assured and that everybody had to earn their spot. But now you hate it when Bzd does the same thing?

3 PGs on the roster is a good thing imo. If more than one of them ends up proving to be an ACC caliber player, it's not like he can't play some at the 2 as well.

We've been burned in the past by not having enough PGs or hoping a freshman would be able to fill in for someone that left early. It's the most important position on the floor imo, more options and competition for the spot is not bad.

The other factor in this is CJ Harris. He is the starting PG until someone proves otherwise. We have a bit of a overload that will leave someone in the cold. Welcome to the big time!

12 scholarships, 5 positions. even if things were evenly distributed, there would ALWAYS be 2 positions with 3 scholarships. this is silly. back to the tweets.

The other factor in this is CJ Harris. He is the starting PG until someone proves otherwise. We have a bit of a overload that will leave someone in the cold. Welcome to the big time!

Yeah, but ideally we'll have putting more time in at the 2, where is he a better player. Overloads happen. You've got 13 scholarships for 5 starting spots, that's the nature of the game.

If one of the PGs doesn't push him from the starting spot at PG, then they shouldn't be getting much playing time in the ACC anyway.

12 scholarships, 5 positions. even if things were evenly distributed, there would ALWAYS be 2 positions with 3 scholarships. this is silly. back to the tweets.

This.

.. and out of all the positions, PG is one I like the most having the 3 person overload at. You can never have too many guards that are comfortable handling the ball.

yup. As is the way it should be. Whoever is playing should EARN that playing time instead of just getting it by default.

Seriously dude, you're reaching on this one.

We LOVED Skip when he told recruits that no starting spot was assured and that everybody had to earn their spot. But now you hate it when Bzd does the same thing?

I've stated that I don't think it is a bad thing.

It seems like CMM can really shoot. Maybe he can play some 2 as well.

I'm sure the backcourt will work itself out. I'm infinitely more concerned about the front court.

Those should probably go to players that could play two separate positions, surely.
Like a 3/4 hybrid or a 2/3 wing guard.

I'm sure the backcourt will work itself out. I'm infinitely more concerned about the front court.

:werd:

We need to find some players that can contribute up there quickly. Just gotta hope Carson gets stronger, and Green will turn into a player in a year or two. Andre is looking pretty good though. Yeah, but soo many question marks in the front court, and it's unlikely all of them turn out to be good answers.

Or a guy like Cody or TC that can probably play the 1/2?

Maybe CMM thanks to his pure looking shot, but all I've seen of him are youtubes. So... :noidea: .
From what I saw I very much doubt TC could be even slightly useful at the 2.

Not necessarily. Chennault is a combo guard so he could get time at SG. I believe CMM is as well.

Not necessarily. Chennault is a combo guard so he could get time at SG. I believe CMM is as well.

I personally don't see TC as the combo guard he was rumored to be coming in, and as for CMM I am hopeful that you are correct.

But you rarely fill all 13 scholarships.

And, the more concerning thing is we have 4 players between the 4 and the 5. That's where I would prefer to spend the extra scholarships since there's more risk at those positions.

Yeah, I'm a little perplexed by all this discussion about our backcourt. It seems like we're going to have 5 respectable backcourt players next year (in no particular order, CJ, JTT, Fields, TC, and Fischer). Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I think our 1, 2, and 3 (our 5 guards + Travis) are going to take care of themselves.

Our biggest question marks are in the frontcourt. Carson's off-season progress, Melvin's status and progress, and Green's game readiness.

Yeah, I'm a little perplexed by all this discussion about our backcourt. It seems like we're going to have 5 respectable backcourt players next year (in no particular order, CJ, JTT, Fields, TC, and Fischer). Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I think our 1, 2, and 3 (our 5 guards + Travis) are going to take care of themselves.

Our biggest question marks are in the frontcourt. Carson's off-season progress, Melvin's status and progress, and Green's game readiness.

I blame the off-season. We have nothing to talk about so we're splitting hairs on a back court that is set up pretty well for the next 3-4 years. Particularly if you consider what was reasonably available to Buzz when he started recruiting point guards.

The front court is a pending disaster. We're looking at a situation where if 2 of the trio of Ty, Carson, and Tabb don't make huge strides next year we're in for a world of hurt. They will determine our season.

Back