• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

Just finished listening to the BSD podcast. Not a lot of disagreement among the panelists. Some "people in the AD are great and they're trying really hard" talk near the end. Really brings home now numbers and doofus are almost indistinguishable from each other nowadays which is a huge departure from how things were during the season.

You should listen to him whenever Ron Wellman is brought up in our circle of friends then.

It also bears noting that the people on the podcast were myself and Samurai (admittedly the most neutral on the [Redacted] debate), and Numbers, who has been pretty firmly "Buzz-Out" for the entirety of his coaching here. I think all Numbers said was in response to how he was happy that they were finally trying to communicate with students since it took two years. That left out WakeJake and Martin, both of whom fall even further "Buzz-Out" than Numbers. They just weren't available to do the podcast at the time we wanted to do it. Next time we will try to get the other POV as well, but I guarantee you it wasn't intentional that we only had people that weren't flaming Buzzouters on there to do this podcast.

Last edited:
I really don't know what I said that would be construed as pro-administration. I just re-listened to the portions on basketball and the closing statements and I said I was excited about the recruiting class and the team moving forward since Travis and CJ are returning.

Either way though we always appreciate support and listening to the podcast. We're gonna try to have a podcast up once every couple of weeks during the summer and maybe once a week once football season rolls back around.

We're always looking for ways to improve coverage and to put forth the best Wake blog possible.

You should listen to him whenever Ron Wellman is brought up in our circle of friends then.

It also bears noting that the people on the podcast were myself and Samurai (admittedly the most neutral on the [Redacted] debate), and Numbers, who has been pretty firmly "Buzz-Out" for the entirety of his coaching here. I think all Numbers said was in response to how he was happy that they were finally trying to communicate with students since it took two years. That left out WakeJake and Martin, both of whom fall even further "Buzz-Out" than Numbers. They just weren't available to do the podcast at the time we wanted to do it. Next time we will try to get the other POV as well, but I guarantee you it wasn't intentional that we only had people that weren't flaming Buzzouters on there to do this podcast.

Even with baseball and football, the talk was "we're pretty good" "yeah, we're pretty good" "yeah, I agree". I don't think there was much depth to the discussion to get to disagreement though. And is Sherman Ragland's name really pronounced "Rag" "Land" two separate words instead of the soft "land" like "Maryland"?

Well I was really the only opinion on baseball which I didn't think would garner too much attention or anything. That was before the BC sweep and we had won 6 of 8 games and had our best record in four years so I didn't have too many negatives to talk about at that point.

We're also 4 months from football starting and were just giving our opinions on what we were going to do this season while recapping the spring game. How negative an expectation did you want us to have returning a lot of starters from a team that made a bowl with a returning QB and most of the defense?

I thought most people were reasonably optimistic about football. You're the one who always talks about not settling for LOWF, would you not have been upset with one of us saying "oh I think we're going to go 3-9"?

And I'm not sure about Sherman. I just pronounced it phonetically. The soft "land" would make sense.

Even with baseball and football, the talk was "we're pretty good" "yeah, we're pretty good" "yeah, I agree". I don't think there was much depth to the discussion to get to disagreement though. And is Sherman Ragland's name really pronounced "Rag" "Land" two separate words instead of the soft "land" like "Maryland"?

As we get closer to football we will delve deep into a lot of stuff and probably have some heartier debates and criticisms. As of right now it's kind of the "hope springs eternal" attitude, at least imo.

I love how talking to students is now viewed as a bad thing. I understand the point that people like numbers, cumberland, and myself are always going to go to games. But at the same time we are students too and we understand why other students don't attend the games like us. We also all have friends who don't attend the games so it's not like we're clueless on the subject matter. Also I have a serious question. If students won't even show up to the games do you think they would actually show up to a meeting to talk about why they don't attend the games? It's better for them to talk to people like us so that they can have ideas to propose to the other students when they are able to set up meetings with them. That is just my opinion.

Of course you feel that way. You would be invited to spout your opinions to the basketball team. It is entirely self-serving for you to feel that way.

Do you graduate this month too? I honestly have no idea if you do or not (I don't think I've met you in person). But why would they listen to you next year if you are gone after this semester?

There are many different viewpoints regarding how we have been treated in the past with the AD. Once again, if you don't believe me then you can ask some of the other writers who have had spats in the past. We are in no way getting "had" by the AD. Establishing a working relationship with the AD of the program that we cover is beneficial to us because it provides better insight for our readers and brings out more information, which is the only reason that we blog in the first place.

Battered wife syndrome. Just wait till you piss off the Premier again.

Then you just don't understand how this board works. It's simple. If Bz is involved in it, it's dumb, bad, incompentent, devious. Period. Anybody who says otherwise is an AD plant or sucking up for a job in the AD.

Oh, fuck off. I said (and I think I'm the main guy on this thread saying going to the athletes is a stupid idea) that [Redacted] and his staff going to students is a good thing. It is 2 years late, but better late than never, I suppose. But I am glad that they are finally engaging the students on campus. That said, forcing the guys on the team to listen to the students is a terrible idea. It is simply terrible.

(BTW, it also hints that [Redacted]'s seat is a bit warm because we all know he isn't the type of guy to want to do this kind of stuff. His hand is being forced and that is a promising sign that he is on the way out of here.)

Fair enough, just try to be honest brokers. Since I have been Bzout before it was cool. I have developed some negative feelings toward the mothership. I'm sure a lot of us find it very uncomfortable to be in this awkward position.

BuzzOUT!
Before it was cool.

I just thought of a great t-shirt idea.

I humbly accept your invitation to be a guest on the podcast.

Either way though we always appreciate support and listening to the podcast. We're gonna try to have a podcast up once every couple of weeks during the summer and maybe once a week once football season rolls back around.

We're always looking for ways to improve coverage and to put forth the best Wake blog possible.

Simples. Have me on. I'm pretty much the most awesome person in the world. Essentially at least.

I can imagine a podcast with DV7 on it now (haha typed your real name out first). I do think that it would be fun to have some fans on or at least solicit phone calls. I think it has more potential than the [Redacted] coach show.

IF YOU GUYS PROMISE TO CALL IN (without profanity)

I vote YES to a podcast with DV7. Only if it's after 6pm though, so maximum Vision can be assured.

If we had enough people that wanted to call in then I'm sure we could set something up on a weekly/every two weeks basis. That would give the callers a chance to voice their opinions and we would allow any voice to be heard if we can keep profanity out of it. We are certainly not against that at all.

I vote YES to a podcast with DV7. Only if it's after 6pm though, so maximum Vision can be assured.

NOTE: 1. Cannot use any British lingo.
2. Must have an explosion of anger every episode.

If Bill Simmons (who has the sketchiest voice) can do a successful podcast, anyone can, so I guess having a good "Radio Voice" is not important.

NOTE: 1. Cannot use any British lingo.
2. Must have an explosion of anger every episode.

If Bill Simmons (who has the sketchiest voice) can do a successful podcast, anyone can, so I guess having a good "Radio Voice" is not important.

Yeah I would consider my voice not the strongest either (I also have a lisp smh), so I think we can thrive here if BS can do it.

Yeah Simmons sounds like such a clown. I think fan participation in stuff like that is crucial. Obvi we'll have to run it by that jerk Mr. Ickman EW

Well I was really the only opinion on baseball which I didn't think would garner too much attention or anything. That was before the BC sweep and we had won 6 of 8 games and had our best record in four years so I didn't have too many negatives to talk about at that point.

We're also 4 months from football starting and were just giving our opinions on what we were going to do this season while recapping the spring game. How negative an expectation did you want us to have returning a lot of starters from a team that made a bowl with a returning QB and most of the defense?

I thought most people were reasonably optimistic about football. You're the one who always talks about not settling for LOWF, would you not have been upset with one of us saying "oh I think we're going to go 3-9"?

I think you have to talk about the glass half full and glass half empty perspectives on football. On one hand, you can call this a team "team that made a bowl with a returning QB and most of the defense?" On the other hand, this is a team that finished 1-5 with that win coming against a hapless Maryland team. We're returning a QB and most of the defense, but Tanner was shaky down the stretch and the defense gave up almost 30 points a game in those last 6 games and was uncompetitive against UNC and Vandy.

I see people making the same mistake about the 2011 team that they made about the 2009 team. The 2009 1-5 finish was glossed over by the coaches, team, and many fans and then repeated in 2010. At least acknowledge both sides and discuss the uncertainty. The assumption that this year's team will be better than last year's team is unfounded.

I do actually have a good radio voice if you want to have me on.

The schedule is really easy next year too which is why I said making a bowl is the baseline for this year's team:

Easy games (I say very reasonable 4-1, this is probably optimistic of me...but hey it's my opinion, plus 4 of these 5 are at home and Maryland still really sucks, worst case: 3-2)

Liberty
@ Maryland
Boston College
Army
Duke

Tougher (1-3 worst case, probably 2-2)

North Carolina
@ Virginia
@ N.C State
Vanderbilt

Hardest (0-3 worst case, reasonable: 1-2)

@ Florida State
@ Notre Dame
Clemson

So I'll put us at worst case 4-8, best case (we win every close game) 10-2. Reasonable: between 6-6 and 8-4

Back