• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

Which I think people often forget is a huge part of college. Student athletes are not immune to the ups and downs 18-22 year olds face and they have to make the same adjustments normal students do with the added pressure of having a full-time "job" playing a D1 sport.

So true. I remember I hated Wake the first semester of my freshman year and I had a really tough time adjusting to living in a dorm with a bunch of similarly aged idiots. :thumbsup:

Quincy Miller is a dicksuck. Whatever, he goes to freakin' Baylor. It'll take a lot more years of us sucking for anyone to ever think Baylor compares to Wake as a basketball school (or sports school at all, for that matter).

Baylor went to the Elite Eight two years ago. Wake Forest went 15 years ago.

Their elite eight was an awesome run. They didn't beat anyone higher than a 10 seed to get to that point, IIRC.

Much like our most recent Sweet 16.

Wake is and will always be better than Baylor...no matter what stats you pull out.

cjharris11: Mmmm reunited with oodles n noodles, it's been so long

I'm well aware of Baylor's Elite 8, and how much we suck. Like I said, though, it'll take a lot more of that on both ends for them to overtake us as a basketball school. Tweety Carter, Curtis Jerrells, Ekpe Udoh and Brian Skinner don't quite match up with Duncan and Paul and the tradition of an original ACC team.

Which I think people often forget is a huge part of college. Student athletes are not immune to the ups and downs 18-22 year olds face and they have to make the same adjustments normal students do with the added pressure of having a full-time "job" playing a D1 sport.

And it's really easy for them to bail when the going gets tough, as we have seen here over and over.

JoshHarris25 Joshua Harris
Cougar alert on the plane.. #ManHolUp lol. I'm jus a young boy who wants to go home.. Leave me alone please nice looking older woman..

Meh, I just don't care for Ari anymore. I haven't heard anything that would indicate Wake Forest and the staff somehow slighted him; he just seemed to tune everyone out, doing it his way or the highway. If there were some other circumstances that influenced his decision to transfer, I'd wish him the best. But he just quit on the coaches and his teammates.

So yea, keep talking Ari.

Someone should inform Ari that we lost plenty while he was still here.

That was funny from him. Y'all have your panties in too tight of a bunch. We sucked this year and deserve some ribbing. It goes with being a part of sports. Lighten up.

When he was playing for the coach he wanted to be playing for he was just fine at basketball.

He and [Redacted] were just never on the same agenda.

Back