• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Twitter Thread aka Coach Scheier wins the Internet

That was funny from him. Y'all have your panties in too tight of a bunch. We sucked this year and deserve some ribbing. It goes with being a part of sports. Lighten up.

It was funny because 1) he said "lost" when the phrase is "loss" and 2) He sucked out loud this year so it's not like we're losing much with his transfer

I can lighten up, but it gets under my skin that the guy doing the ribbing is one of the guy's responsible for this year's disaster. Everyone on the team and staff is in some way responsible, but Ari's the only one that couldn't shoulder that responsibility.

But mostly, his inability to dribble a basketball was astounding. I can't wait to see him at USC.

It was funny because 1) he said "lost" when the phrase is "loss" and 2) He sucked out loud this year so it's not like we're losing much with his transfer

Was talking about the Baylor dude, not Ari, there.

I should have made that more clear. My mistake.

Mel_Tabb23
The first year of college came with its growing pains, and with its ups and downs, but its over with now and I know what to look forward to.

Mel_Tabb23
And yes I will be at Wake Forest next year.

Yes Melvin! Can't wait to see you on the court for us next season. And you will be proud when you accept that Wake degree, it will go a long way.

I know a lot of people like to point fingers at the coach for the way they handle certain situations (Dino's "handling" of Ty Walker comes to mind). I feel good about the work that Coach [Redacted] and Melvin Tabb did this year to get through the growing pains.

Yes Melvin! Can't wait to see you on the court for us next season. And you will be proud when you accept that Wake degree, it will go a long way.

I know a lot of people like to point fingers at the coach for the way they handle certain situations (Dino's "handling" of Ty Walker comes to mind). I feel good about the work that Coach [Redacted] and Melvin Tabb did this year to get through the growing pains.

we need multi-quote like the deaconsports board
:plos:

Ari Stewart
Dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble dribble and dribble some damn more til my arm fall off...

Ari will got to Southern Cal, light it up, and we'll laugh at the "not good at basketball" comments. Sometimes a player and coach just don't mesh. Things happen. This is one of them.

I wish Ari nothing but the best. Losses or not, I enjoyed watching him play for my Deacs.

Ari will got to Southern Cal, light it up, and we'll laugh at the "not good at basketball" comments. Sometimes a player and coach just don't mesh. Things happen. This is one of them.

I wish Ari nothing but the best. Losses or not, I enjoyed watching him play for my Deacs.

Maybe, but it will take a lot of work for him to become a player that can light it up, it was clear he didn't want to put in that work last year. He can't dribble, doesn't take care of the ball, gives minimal defensive effort, and even his best attribute (his shooting) was pretty damn poor last year. About the only thing he did well for us was his rebounding.

it was clear he didn't want to put in that work last year.

Bullshit. It's no more "clear" that work ethic was Ari's problem than it is that he was miscoached and misused by an incompetent buffoon. Unless you have access to his practice schedules and the amount of time he spent in the gym and weight room, this is nothing more than a guess.

I find it unlikely that a kid who seemed to work hard last year just stopped working this year.

Back