• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Gaudio to Kent State?

^^This.

I've never understood why people think Dino is a legit candidate for solid mid-major programs like Kent State or Dayton. He only got his shot at Wake through unfortunate circumstances and didn't do enough to justify getting a shot elsewhere.

He'll get a solid gig, IMO. How he got the shot at Wake is irrelevant, because it's the results that matter to a future employer. Gaudio was the head coach of a high-major ACC program, and during that time he got his team to two tourneys, a number one ranking, recruited well, and regularly beat the best teams in the country, both home and away. Our flounders in the post-season overshadow that he did pretty well in the regular season, on the whole.

He lost his position because he wasn't deemed good enough to win championships at Wake Forest, but those three years of work will be good enough for a decent DI position somewhere else, IMO.

That might be the perception among some, but I was actually somewhat impressed and surprised that a lot of the people with whom I spoke who know basketball didn't have that impression, and figured there was more to it; or those who had watched us more closely (fans of other schools and conferences) didn't think very highly of Gaudio's ability. Just another view.

That might be the perception among fans who are blindly looking at the record, but I think most Athletic Directors will go a little deeper, especially those at schools that have a decent to solid history. Maybe I'm giving too much credit to a lot of ADs, though.

I also don't think he would be all that successful, but we'll see when he gets a gig and has a chance to prove me wrong.

Wellman may have not told the whole story in an effort to protect a player or something else. If there was another issue, the media would looking at the program.

Maybe Wellman was willing to take the heat rather than airing our dirty laundry.

Wellman may have not told the whole story in an effort to protect a player or something else. If there was another issue, the media would looking at the program.

Maybe Wellman was willing to take the heat rather than airing our dirty laundry.

There wouldn't be any heat if he'd made a better hire after getting rid of Gaudio. Hell most of us would be congratulating him for having the balls to upgrade.

If we had gotten a great coach and had the same bad things happen this year, we might have won two or three more games.

Wellman would still have gotten a lot of heat.

Back