• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

hell on wheels

Started watching this on Netflix Tuesday night. Burned through 3 episodes Tuesday and 3 more last night. I like it!

Wife and I watched it one time.I did not care for it. Silly story with all-day drinking and fake Indians. Acting terrible. My wife kinda liked it ,but then my baby loves the western movies.

I agree that some of the acting is suspect. Overall I think it is a good show.

Due to the rainy weekend, I watched virtually all of Season 3 over the weekend on NetFlix. In my opinion, it continues to be a pretty good show, although some plot lines and characters leave something to be desired.

Did not realize there were so many seasons. So season 4 is showing now on AMC. Good to know I have 3 seasons to catch up on at the rate I am watching them.

This show is a mess. I didn't realized S4 had started, though. They basically did a reboot after S2. I like the main character and that's about it.

I guess "Great Show" was a little strong. I DVR it and look forward to watching it each week.

I can't get the first episode of this new season on demand, so I guess I'm out of luck for a while.

I think you can watch the current season at AMC.com

I'm caught up. I'm actually enjoying this season probably the most out of all of them, probably because they essentially did a reboot again. I'm wondering if he is ever gonna get the revenge he seeks on everybody.

Anyway, if you haven't seen this season, don't read any further... I really like the bad federal guys. Kind of your stereotypical Western villains-- a throwback to the old movies. But...

Why the hell did they even bother bringing Common back? Dude had like 5 lines of dialogue (and he seemed to repeat each line 3 times with increasing anger) in the episode at the Indian village, then they wasted an episode with him coming back to the town only to get wasted. I guess last season left it open as to his fate, but it seemed dumb to bring him back only to kill him off. He and his wife's story always bogged down the show anyway.

So I just now finished up this series on Netflix. Yeah, I'm way behind. Anyone else stick with it until the end? Overall, it was decent but I scratched my head on some of the sub-story lines.

Colm Meaney was a perfect cast for Thomas Durant.

Thor Gundersen was the best played character on the show, but I didn't really get why his character was necessary for this show. Seems like that character could have been a main character on his own show.

Elam Ferguson (Common) getting mauled by the bear/losing his mind/healed by the Indians/killed by Bohannon was a jump the shark moment for me. Give me an effing break. Though I did stick with it. Season 5 was better.

Church-lady Ruth didn't have to hang. She killed the asshole everybody wanted dead anyway. And they all gave her an out. She was stupid.

And after months of trying to find his Mormon wife and kid, Bohannon steps aside so easily for that wet-behind-the-ears farmhand? Oh hell, no. Step aside, boy.

He did get to bone that hot little Asian number later, even if she did make his dumb ass travel to China to find her after she left him.

Ok, on to something else...

I agree for the most part. The show just never found its legs and the revenge theme that drove season one just seemed to disappear or get wrapped up in Gunderson’s character. The show did a lot of things right, but too many wrong. Haven’t seen Anson Mount in anything since, which is kind of a surprise. Looks like he’s Cpt Pike in the new Star Trek.

Back