• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NC State Cheating again

Yes they have the most recent one..........and that is it. After that, their athletic program is well.........cancelling non revenue sports due to lack of funding from revenue sports.

So the main difference being that NC State fans are too dumb to realize they're hopeless and there's too little to do in Raleigh and eastern North Carolina compared to Maryland/DC?

He has a shady past. He comes in and signs a top 3 class at State? He has coaches on his staff with shady recruiting past. Michael Beasley really wanted to play for Lutz at Charlotte right? Don't give me the just wanted to play for a team assisted by Delonte Hill...I would be very worried if I was State fan.

Dude please stop until you have any idea what you are talking about. As an NCSU and WF fan you are just insanely off base. Beasley was committed to UNCC REALLY early in the process, like as a freshman when they were his best offer. Then he blew up and for whatever reason decided to go to KSU. It had nothing to do with cheating, but with a kid that got giddy from getting his first scholarship offer. And as I have said (others as well) Gottfried has no history of cheating in recruiting and has always been a great recruiter that runs an offense that is very similar to Skip/Roy in which he lets his guys get out and run and have fun. It's an easy system to recruit to.

As for the top 3 class this season, it's not like he worked a miracle or anything. He kept Tyler Lewis committed, Reeled in a kid against UNC in TJ Warren that is a legacy and had a dad play at NCSU. Not really a crazy recruiting win considering he's always been a NCSU fan. Then he pulled in Rodney Purvis, a kid that Duke was also recruiting. Given the guard talent Duke has on their roster compared to the instant playing time he would have at NCSU it's not a surprising decision for a guy that would skip to the NBA if that option still was allowed. NCSU has put together a great coaching staff and has great fan support, facilities and a pretty decent amount of talent on the current team. It's not a miracle that NCSU recruits well.

Sorry for the NCSU circle jerk guys but GBOROdeac needed to be educated a little :D

So the main difference being that NC State fans are too dumb to realize they're hopeless and there's too little to do in Raleigh and eastern North Carolina compared to Maryland/DC?
New to y'alls board, but I have seen enough from your posts to realize that, well, you just do not operate well outside of the short bus. But that is ok.............there is room for everybody.

If you don't think there is anything to do in Raleigh I really don't know what to tell you, you must live a boring life that has little enjoyment. It's hard to get anything done in Raleigh due to everything going on. As for the NCSU/MD who will be better argument. Both will be really good going forward, but i've seen nothing suggesting MD will be better at all. Will be interesting to watch after all the bashing NCSU got during our coaching search.

Last edited:
As a fairly unbiased outsider, I do think that Maryland made the better hire (despite really bad timing), but for the next 1-3 years, NCSU will have the edge based on the talent already on the roster and the talent Gottfried already has coming in.

Kahoji, you live in bumfuck nowhere. Raleigh is not NYC by any means, but there is plenty of shit to do. Please go back to a thread where you know what the fuck you're talking about. DONNY, YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT!

You know that "Goddamit Leroy" world of warcraft youtube video? That's my reaction to CJL

Kahoji, you live in bumfuck nowhere. Raleigh is not NYC by any means, but there is plenty of shit to do. Please go back to a thread where you know what the fuck you're talking about. DONNY, YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT!

Wow, didn't expect to bait Wake fans with that.

I live in nowheresville now (actually more to do here than you probably think, the university draws some pretty interesting people) but before this I lived in one of the largest cities in Asia. Lived in tiny towns, small towns, and big cities. So I'm all too aware of the available comparisons for Raleigh and points east. Spent plenty of time in Raleigh as well. It's all right, nothing special really.

Surely you're not arguing there is more to do there than in DC. Since both NCSU and Maryland are similar non-achievers of late, it would seem the main difference in their solvency would be found in the relative competition for the local leisure dollar.

New to y'alls board, but I have seen enough from your posts to realize that, well, you just do not operate well outside of the short bus. But that is ok.............there is room for everybody.

Our high school academic bowl team used to ride a short bus to competitions because a regular sized bus was too big to be practical; don't need a 42 seat bus for 12 people. We enjoyed the dance floor in the back.

If you don't think there is anything to do in Raleigh I really don't know what to tell you, you must live a boring life that has little enjoyment. It's hard to get anything done in Raleigh due to everything going on.

How about Kinston, Goldsboro, Zebulon, Wilson, Rocky Mount, Roanoke Rapids? All those hopping places in ERN NC, probably half of which smell like hog at any given time. But enough about NC State girls...

I guess in this case i don't mind Kanhoji doing his thing and making this thread about himself instead of state

How about Kinston, Goldsboro, Zebulon, Wilson, Rocky Mount, Roanoke Rapids? All those hopping places in ERN NC, probably half of which smell like hog at any given time. But enough about NC State girls...

My dad grew up near Rocky Mount (Spring Hope) and when the wind is right it really does smell like hog.

You're right Kahoji, no one gives a shit about Maryland sports because all Maryland fans and alumni are too busy partying it up in D.C. :bullshit:

Just so you're aware, an ellipses requires 3 periods. Using 3523871 while calling someone else dumb really doesn't work that well.

Honestly, Im not defending him, but take a step back for a second and think how common something like borrowing a car is in college. It seems like people borrow cars from time to time if something happens, especially from a friend. B Im not going to comment on the apartment thing, because that is blatant transfer of money, but something like a car..I feel so much more understanding about. Now granted, from the article it sounds like this former NCSU student had helped past NCSU athletes, but NC state did the right thing in this scenario by reporting it immediately and handling it.

Back