• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rulz - a little help here...

Offensive line has a lot to do with coaching. The line has to be more reliable than it has over the past 2-3 years (and maybe longer than that).

And what do you know about offensive line coaching?

If the OL is finally going to be bigger, I hope we can rediscover the art of lining up, shoving the DL off the ball, and grinding out yards on the ground like Grobe did in his early days...when he had Caldwell's OL.

And given the lack of size / depth on the DL, I'd also like to think that maybe one or two OLs might be moved to the other side of the ball this spring to give us some size & depth.

But I also keep hoping that we'll throw more than 2 passes a game to a TE and occasionally hand the ball of to the FB, so I've learned to not hold my breath.

I think our O line has done a really good job in the last couple weeks, especially vs Clemson. Pass protection and running game were very solid.
I feel much more confident in this group compared to the last several years. I'm excited to see what our young guns will be able to do. Much higher quality recruits than 5 years ago.

LT Steve Chase
LG Garrick Williams
C Chance Raines
RG Summers - eta he looks like a beast out there
RT Blitch

Of course we could go with G Williams at Center, but that means a little less experience and Ford at LG probably.

The above line has pretty good experience, except RT.

If OL can get it done - only worry is TE.

Interesting about Raines -- he's listed as a senior, but he didn't play in 2009 so I figure he should have another year. That would be a boost to the line.

I think Preble will end up as your starting RT. He's a beast, as is Goodwin. I've got high expectations for those two and Intemann (who's supposed to be a bit more raw but has good potential).

I believe someone said that Ford would end up playing a lot next year despite his lack of time this season. And while Bolling has yet to contribute, he was a pretty big-time recruit.

Also 2012 TE recruit Zach Gordon should play as a true frosh and is supposed to be a pretty good blocker.

Last edited:
Interesting about Raines -- he's listed as a senior, but he didn't play in 2009 so I figure he should have another year. That would be a boost to the line.

I think Preble will end up as your starting RT. He's a beast, as is Goodwin. I've got high expectations for those two and Intemann (who's supposed to be a bit more raw but has good potential).

I believe someone said that Ford would end up playing a lot next year despite his lack of time this season. And while Bolling has yet to contribute, he was a pretty big-time recruit.

Also 2012 TE recruit Zach Gordon should play as a true frosh and is supposed to be a pretty good blocker.

I guess Raines is a senior, but I could have sworn he was a junior.

Also, will be interesting to see if Rook plays as a TRUE TE as well.

Finishing strong THIS year means extra December practices and an ACCCG appearance next season.

The OL has been such a strange thing for Wake during the Grobe years. When he first got here, our line developed into one of the nastiest OL's in the conference and we were consistently at the top of the ACC in rushing. With each year though, our OL play has fell off a bit and now OL is consistently one of the weakest areas of our team.

I guess Raines is a senior, but I could have sworn he was a junior.

I think Raines is the type of player you usually see move on from the Football program after four years. Just doesn't play much and more than likely won't get much PT next season.

What makes you like Gordon over Rook as a true frosh TE? Both seem to be highly rated recruits.

What makes you like Gordon over Rook as a true frosh TE? Both seem to be highly rated recruits.

From everything i've read about Gordon he's a MAN. Loves blocking and reliable enough to be split out wide by his HS team. Just seems like he will be more physically ready to play as a freshman than Rook. He's supposedly already up to 240 and his coach talks about how he pancaked at highly rated DT 3 plays in a row during a game. Looks like WF got two good TE's regardless.

I also think Gordon will play before Rook, I think he will be a much much better Parker, but will we utilize him?

Back