• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dino on ESPNU

Reports are saying that Pat Kelsey is one of top targets for the Towson job.

Mack coached Xavier to the Elite Eight last year....

No he didn't. Sean Miller did the year before. (Actually two years before - my bad)

Mack just made the Sweet 16 and also lost in the second round of the A-10 tournament.

No he didn't. Sean Miller did the year before. (Actually two years before - my bad)

Mack just made the Sweet 16 and also lost in the second round of the A-10 tournament.

Bad memory...sorry.....Still think Mack will do well at Xavier...

Also, if Kelsey takes the Towson job I wouldn't be suprised to see Dino on the bench at Xavier next to Mack. They are really close friends...

I'm not ragging on the guy, I just don't see him stepping up to the Matta/Miller level. Miller finished 1st the A-10 his last three years and made the 2nd round, Elite 8, and Sweet 16. Mack has finished 2nd and 1st, lost in the second and first rounds of the A-10 tourney, made the Sweet 16 and flamed out in the first round this year.

Interestingly, neither have even made the final of the A-10 tournament, I don't think.

So I don't think one could argue that he's improved on Miller's results, and he has clearly had an extremely successful start to his head coaching career; I'm just saying, based on how I've seen his teams play compared to how Miller's X teams played, it looked more like Prosser-style (at least in the offensive half court), and, in my opinion, I think he'll enjoy similar results, which isn't bad at all.

I think the reasons given for Dino's firing were simply a way to gloss over a more serious problem that the university didn't want to make public. It looked like a PR way to "take the high road".

Back