• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fischer 1st Team Parade All-American

I'm fired up about Chase because of his status as King of the Gym Rats. Weird how the phrase "gym rat" has a negative connotation since Bz's arrival. I want guys who want to be in the gym to develop their games. The implication is that highly talented kids are only in the gym from 3 to 6. I don't care who it is, I want players of any talent level to develop their game from 6 to 3.

That's ought to be the definition of a gym rat and one Skip would've approved of.

Anyone want to guess who this secretive parody actually is? I'll give you a hint, it's not DV7!

He might just be trying to get a fresh start Irish. We'll have to wait and see on the parody status methinks.

Welcome aboard.

For future reference if you catch a typo in the first few minutes you can edit and it won't show up as an edit if you don't give a reason for one. Don't know if you care, but thought I would share.

Again, welcome!

Parody was the wrong word choice on my part. Alter ego is a better fit. My bad, yo

The mods didn't release the identity of Gym Rat. You did that all on your own.

Kobe Bryant is a gym rat. Kobe Bryant is also an elite talent.

Well actually I posted a serious post about the gym rat situation. I still can't figure out why there's a negative connotation about it, or why someone would've wanted to make a negative connotation out of it.

Labeling a player a gym rat, is attributing (fairly or not) all of their success to practice and effort, rather than skill and athleticism. While an elite talent or athlete can be a gym rat, an nonathletic gym rat can not be an elite talent. Everyone can be a gym rat, but not everyone can be athletically gifted. The difference is mostly found in athleticism and potential.

So yeah, Chase Fischer is scoring 40 points a game in high school against so-so competition, but does he have the athleticism to compete in the ACC, and does he have the potential to get much better than he is already?

Guy: "So what does she look like?"
Friend trying to hook him up: "She has a great personality."
Guy: "So describe her to me."
Friend: "She is so sweet, you'll love her."

Awesome news. Very excited to finally have a pure shooter on our team, we haven't had one for a long time.

I really think the addition of a guy who can pour it in from middle and long range will open up defenses and help our "slasher" type players (Tony, CJ, Travis) when they drive and go to the basket.

Is he really a shooter though? Or does he just take like 40 shots a game and hit 15 of them?

What scares me is that a lot of what I've read about Fischer reminds me of so much of what I heard about Ammonett before he showed up. Except Joesph didn't make any All-American prep list from what I remember.

I hope Chase's career doesn't follow the mediocrity that Joe's career did here at Wake. And for the love of everything holy, please don't let me hear, "he hits EVERYTHING in practice." Made me want to tear my hair out.

Is he really a shooter though? Or does he just take like 40 shots a game and hit 15 of them?

That's actually not a bad percentage.

Our staff actually looked at Jimmer in high school. I can imagine the reaction if we had signed him.

Back