• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fischer 1st Team Parade All-American

Conversely, he won't be handling the ball and being double teamed in the ACC.

At Wake he'll no better than the third option when he's on the court. That's also different than in HS.

RJ, you know basketball. You know that there are plenty of good shooters in hs who don't shoot well in college because they can't get their shot off against college guards. Joe Amonett is an example, as is Konner Tucker. None of that has anything to do with double teams or being the 3rd option.

I don't want to get into it any more, because this is a thread congratulating Fisher on a big honor.

I never understood why we signed Konner Tucker. He was no good in high school. Then was only OK in JUCO.

That's easy. We desperately needed a three point threat to help us bust zone defenses and Konner Tucker was the best one Dino could sign. Not sure why he couldn't get serious interest from a better one though.

It is similiar to Bz's search for a big post that can help our rebounding but at least he has the excuse that 2011 is a very very weak class for post players.

Tucker was signed after our only 3 point threat declared for the draft. It was too late for Dino to find someone better. I haven't studied the scholarship situation recently, but, IIRC, we would not have had any available if Teague and Johnson had stayed, thus why Dino didn't start recruiting a 3rd member of the class of 2009 earlier.

Is he really a shooter though? Or does he just take like 40 shots a game and hit 15 of them?

So that is 3/8 or .375 (38%)...which is not terrible, especially considering he probably highly contested in a lot of those.

BG originally signed Konnor at Kentucky to play some PG, so it is not like we were the only one that liked his ability. Obviously that offer was pulled when Calipari became coach.

Konnor definitely had ability, but he saw the light when CJ's freshman season was so much better than people anticipated.

Back