• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KanhojiAngre's Playground

Yep. You clearly aren't upset about not being able to post here. That's why you stick around and made another account in order to post here.

It completely adds up. Good point.

I thought you were talking about the conference thing...that would have at least made a little bit of sense and could have been written off as the result of a sloppy vocabulary.

Upset about not being able to post here? Um...what am I doing now?

I already said why I made the other account. Do try to keep up.

Syracuse coach Doug Marrone sounding like he's not bringing the Schwartzwelder Trophy to the Pinstripe Bowl.

ACC sure knows how to pick em...guy's such a wuss that he won't put the rivalry trophy in a meeting between two teams.

I couldn't care less about the conferences now. It's all fucked up beyond any real recognition. They should just kill conferences all together at this point.

I couldn't care less about the conferences now. It's all fucked up beyond any real recognition. They should just kill conferences all together at this point.

Not likely to go away entirely because they make scheduling a lot easier. Even less likely as long as playoff bids are attached to winning them for many sports.

I think the long, long game is that the top programs break away from the existing conferences because most of the schools in their league are mooching off them. Your OSU, Michigan, Penn State (maybe), Oklahoma, Texas, half the SEC or thereabouts, USC, Stanford, maybe Florida State, and maybe a few other randoms break off and form their own superleague. Can't decide if I think other schools would leave the NCAA to form other leagues or not. But you have to figure eventually these superprograms are going to figure out that they're being used for a gravy train. There's no purpose to having a "bus" league anymore when the big boys fly to pretty much every game.

Btw, you realize as soon as conferences go away, Wake Forest becomes I-AA at best, right? Really they probably best fit a D-III (or non scholarship I-AA I suppose) profile with regard to school size and academics.

For all you dumbasses jizzing about the Pacquiao/Marquez fight...lol. Looked like two aging fighters that are losing their skills to me. Glorified toughman contest with no defense, just guys throwing haymakers. Pac Man should be embarrassed that he let that shot get through...total amateur hour.

And for those of you talking about how Mayweather screwed up and is a wuss...double lol.

Mayweather def. Marquez; Bradley def. Pacquiao (which I was one of the few people to call)...Naturally, the next fight should be Mayweather vs. Bradley, the matchup of undefeateds with a belt on the line. Last night was the consolation game. Now if Arum and Mayweather would just put their pride aside and let it happen.

Bradley's the only one of the group under 30.

Do you still "not care" about the Premier League?

Not really. Between all the inconsistency in the calls on the field, the power the officials have to influence the result compared to other sports and the lack of use of technology to mitigate it, the deplorable fan behavior, bias in player discipline by the governing body, and the fact that practically every club runs a debt in order to compete...the bloom is pretty much off the rose. It would be interesting to see the "Premier" League if they had to play under the same constraints as the Bundesliga clubs.

Give me college hoops. This might be the best year for college basketball in the midwest since the late 80s/early 90s. And in hockey, the swansong of the WCHA as we know it is shaping up to be a really interesting 7-team battle royale, 6 of which are ranked in the top 20 in the nation. Shame the Big Ten is going to break this up for a nearly-certain-to-flop 6-team hockey conference, only 2 of which are actually much good on any regular basis these days.

Amazing how you not caring coincides with "your" club sucking. What a coincidence!!!

And then you hype hockey when the NHL is pretty much dead. Awesome. Stop making it so easy to mock you, Spency!

Amazing how you not caring coincides with "your" club sucking. What a coincidence!!!

And then you hype hockey when the NHL is pretty much dead. Awesome. Stop making it so easy to mock you, Spency!

WCHA has nothing to do with the NHL. Hint, the C stands for college. At this point it would probably be fine with folks up here if the NHL took the year off...maybe more postseason college hockey coverage.

Are you saying this is the first time that Liverpool's been lackluster of late? Yeah, fans would surely be spoiled by the last few years. Logic would dictate that's got nothing to do with it, and rather, all the things I actually mentioned would.

WCHA has nothing to do with the NHL. Hint, the C stands for college. At this point it would probably be fine with folks up here if the NHL took the year off...maybe more postseason college hockey coverage.

Are you saying this is the first time that Liverpool's been lackluster of late? Yeah, fans would surely be spoiled by the last few years. Logic would dictate that's got nothing to do with it, and rather, all the things I actually mentioned would.

I'm not talking about other people, cup cake. I'm talking about your quitting ass. You "stop caring" once Liverpool start sucking. How convenient!

Have the last word. Not even interested in rattling your cage today. Not even a challenge anymore.

I'm not talking about other people, cup cake. I'm talking about your quitting ass. You "stop caring" once Liverpool start sucking. How convenient!

Again, this just started this year? Were you on a soma holiday while Roy Hodgson was manager? Fun fact: A friend I met here was actually in attendance at the last game that Liverpool was truly a championship contender. She was an exchange student in England at the time.

So...nothing about boxing? Soccer all you know? Don't bother answering...we already know the answer.

Nothing quite like college hockey

Well that was definitely...um...video?

Fairbanks is one of the teams going into WCHA lite. Think of the WAC or Big East in football...only if when they broke up they were one of the top 2 leagues in the country. As seems to often the theme of late, it's Penn State's fault.

So you acknowledge that I know soccer. Thanks!

I would hardly say that's in debate. Just too bad you have to be such an ass about it, and overly defensive about your team. But I guess when you pick all the bandwagon faves to root for, your point of view tends to be a little skewed. And it's also the personality of the manager to be ubersensitive and stick your nose where it doesn't need to be.

Hopefully Wake Forest basketball is giving you some sense of grounding. If it lasts 20 years and the team gets moved and replaced, then you'll have my NFL fan (tepid, admittedly, though I did go to a November game in the old stadium) experience.

So still nothing about anything else? Not even that Jason Romo guy? Or how about one of your team's players getting trashed and killing off another one? Going to disown your club over that? I wouldn't...if you were going to disown the Cowboys for something it should have happened a long time ago.

J Brent did a stupid thing and it was very sad that another man lost his life over it.

You're trying to score fan points from that? You stay classy, North Dakota.

J Brent did a stupid thing and it was very sad that another man lost his life over it.

You're trying to score fan points from that? You stay classy, North Dakota.

Nothing less that you've done blaming Liverpool fans for Hillsborough in the past.

"From you, all right? I learned it by watching you!"

Back