• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KanhojiAngre's Playground

Paul, Gingrich and Huntsman come off as the people with human-sized brains in this debate.

Cain made a great point at the end about cybersecurity though.

Romney looked like a fool. He's gonna get killed in factcheck on the defense cut question. And he agreed with Bachmann and Santorum? And got into a protracted exchange with Paul. Definitely didn't behave like a frontrunner.

Off to scarf some pizza and dominate some trivia. Have a wonderful night, Deacs.

313626_2350177990917_1144124660_32294185_544404110_n.jpg

Here’s what a few various pundits had to say about Ron Paul and Mitt Romney’s disagreement during last night’s debate concerning whether there are any actual “cuts” to military spending in the wake of the failure of the Deficit Supercommittee:

Former RNC Chairman Michael Steele: “Romney looked a little piqued at Ron Paul on the budget. I think Ron knows what he’s talking about.”

Red State’s Erick Erickson: “Ron Paul actually gets a great comeback at Mitt Romney and actually shows he knows more about the budget than Romney on this point. Wow.”

Talk radio host Neal Boortz: “Go get ‘em Ron Paul! They aren’t cutting anything out of anything. Base-line budgeting. So right.”

CNN’s Roland Martin: “Rep. Ron Paul just schooled Mitt Romney on what’s happening on Capitol Hill. Paul is there. Mitt isn’t. Who do you trust?”

Washington Examiner/American Spectator’s Philip Klein: “Ron Paul smart to turn military cuts question into general rant about how Congress never actually cuts spending.”

MSNBC’s Howard Fineman: “Ron Paul is dominating this debate! ‘They are not cutting anything out of anything.’ He’s right, of course.”

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/11/23/paul-vs-romney-tweets-from-last-night/

Can you read the other threads? I was impressed with Ron Paul yesterday.

Can read, just not post unless I started the thread. I guess I could dredge up every thread I've ever started, but that would be dumb.

Read the thread on the RJ board, responded in PM to a couple folks that seemed interested and cogent. Almost added you to that list but there was really nothing to respond to...you thought what I thought. Be afraid. :)

Newt did well and his McVeigh answer was really solid. The counterquestion of course would be how would anything we're doing prevent a McVeigh from succeeding now (answer: probably wouldn't) is obvious, but he made his point and he stopped Paul cold.

But yeah, Paul was really good too. I loved his Israel answer and his "hidden terrorist threat" answer. Just really good all the way around and really only had one crazy uncle moment.

I still think Newt will be undone by his history and attitude, and I still think as I have for months that Romney and Paul will be the last two standing as serious candidates.

I think Huntsman would be a great VP choice for anyone though.

I sort of want to see Perry get the VP, but only to watch him and Biden "debate"

There is no way that's going to happen.

But it would be funny.

A friend of mine that's a Dem up here said it right about Perry: "He's George W. Bush without the depth of thought."

I think Huntsman would be a great VP choice for anyone though.

I actually agree with this, I have always liked how Huntsman presents himself, even if he is a non-factor in his presidential bid. That said, I'd think the chances are 0% that Romney would put another Mormon on the ticket (assuming Romney wins the nomination).

The R voters and party machine might be dumb enough to run Newt. His personal history and assholeness are pretty much the only negatives that will get caught.

And he's such a terrible piece of shit that it might be impossible to run personal attack ads against him because there's just too much.

He's so dirty that you can't talk about it all without sounding like you're going overboard to attack the guy.

Maybe, if he was more likeable. But he's as likely to come off as a jerk that deserves it.

I think he'd get destroyed by the Dem operatives and interest groups (and friendly media) moreso than the campaign though.

The amazing thing about the Paul tweets is that it shows he may have some allies in the media yet (other than Boortz, who was a known).

I still believe that Newt is going to win the nomination. I've been saying it for about a year now.

I am floored that the debate stuff has sparked more interest than the Occupy the Kitchen photo.

I'll never understand this board.

This Louisiana State University football team is not too bad.

This Louisiana State University football team is not too bad.

I believe Verne referred to them as "Honey Badger" in the first half.

LSU beat 3 teams ranked in the top 3 during the regular season this year. Impressive.

At this point I think even a loss to UGA doesn't knock them out of the BCS title game.

Back