• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KanhojiAngre's Playground

I believe Verne referred to them as "Honey Badger" in the first half.

LSU beat 3 teams ranked in the top 3 during the regular season this year. Impressive.

At this point I think even a loss to UGA doesn't knock them out of the BCS title game.

I thought he was referring to Mathieu when he said that.

It's hard to see them falling out of the top 2 even with a loss to Georgia. They'd still be ahead of Stanford, Virginia Tech and Houston with the computers, and I don't think the voters would drop them below a team that they beat in their division that would be playing in the championship game, even if they've done such things earlier in the season.

At this point I'm hoping Bama loses to Auburn. I don't think not winning your league should preclude you finishing in the top 2, I don't particularly like seeing rematches.

They're gonna have to start keeping steals as a stat at LSU for Mathieu.

I thought he was referring to Mathieu when he said that.

I think you're right because he did it again in the 4th quarter.

It's hard to see them falling out of the top 2 even with a loss to Georgia. They'd still be ahead of Stanford, Virginia Tech and Houston with the computers, and I don't think the voters would drop them below a team that they beat in their division that would be playing in the championship game, even if they've done such things earlier in the season.

At this point I'm hoping Bama loses to Auburn. I don't think not winning your league should preclude you finishing in the top 2, I don't particularly like seeing rematches.

They're gonna have to start keeping steals as a stat at LSU for Mathieu.

At this point I think the biggest question is what the voters do if Oklahoma State beats OU. It's not inconceivable that OSU gets jumped over Bama to play LSU, and frankly I'd rather see that since we already know LSU can beat Bama, plus I want to see Bama fans cry.

I think you're right because he did it again in the 4th quarter.

Plus Mathieu has been nicknamed The Honey Badger for several weeks now. Not sure where it started, but it's definitely apt. Not sure I've ever seen such a player.

At this point I think the biggest question is what the voters do if Oklahoma State beats OU. It's not inconceivable that OSU gets jumped over Bama to play LSU, and frankly I'd rather see that since we already know LSU can beat Bama, plus I want to see Bama fans cry.

If Bama wins, it's clinched I think. I'm actually hoping everyone fails and Houston makes the title game. Not that I think Houston is better than LSU, but I think it's possible Houston is better than either Virginia Tech or Stanford, and in that case I'd rather see the undefeated team play for it.

Will there be more scoring in FSU/Harvard tonight or Oklahoma State/Oklahoma tomorrow?

Fairfield/Arizona State didn't expect to be off the hook so quickly for most by-god ugly basketball game of the year.

Scott, remind me again what your handle before that was?

Is there a reason it matters?

I care what anyone's handle was on the old board. Each statement IMO should be judged on its own merits, not on an opinion formed of someone because of what they said or did in the past.

If I held grudges like that against people I know in the real world, I would have an awful lot of people that I like that I would have turned by back on because of something they did or said that I didn't like.

And what's more is quite a few would have done the same to me, including a couple of people that have really turned out to be quite pivotal to making my life a concern worth keeping going. When I was at one of my lowest points and really was questioning whether I deserved to have a life worth living, someone who had every reason to shun me swooped out of nowhere to pick me up, dust me off and let me know that while defeats are not necessarily unacceptable, allowing oneself to be defeated by defeat is.

I realize that is quite obviously not the prevailing opinion here, but it is mine and I'm committed to it. As such, I don't need anyone else to subscribe to it.

All of that said, I suppose there's now no real harm in saying it was benbridgeman. I mean what is anyone gonna do to me now, ban me? This is like that Family Guy episode when death was laid up with ankle injury.

Wow, should've realized KA was benbridgeman. Somehow that is not surprising at all.

Can't remember you waxing poetic about GT as much as you did on the old board (maybe since your boi Nesbitt is gone). That would've been the dead giveaway

Is there a reason it matters?

I care what anyone's handle was on the old board. Each statement IMO should be judged on its own merits, not on an opinion formed of someone because of what they said or did in the past.

If I held grudges like that against people I know in the real world, I would have an awful lot of people that I like that I would have turned by back on because of something they did or said that I didn't like.

And what's more is quite a few would have done the same to me, including a couple of people that have really turned out to be quite pivotal to making my life a concern worth keeping going. When I was at one of my lowest points and really was questioning whether I deserved to have a life worth living, someone who had every reason to shun me swooped out of nowhere to pick me up, dust me off and let me know that while defeats are not necessarily unacceptable, allowing oneself to be defeated by defeat is.

I realize that is quite obviously not the prevailing opinion here, but it is mine and I'm committed to it. As such, I don't need anyone else to subscribe to it.

All of that said, I suppose there's now no real harm in saying it was benbridgeman. I mean what is anyone gonna do to me now, ban me? This is like that Family Guy episode when death was laid up with ankle injury.

That's right. Couldn't remember. Just curious.

And sorry you struggled with what appear to be some serious depression. Message boards may not be the best place to be while dealing with some real life issues like that.

Looks like the background brawl is not sold out.

Hard to say whether it's a sellout or not. There are a few empty seats...not sure if those were Pitt's tickets or not. I know Pitt returned some tickets from their allotment, and there's been some changes in the system by which students get tickets to try to minimize the no-shows by students (particularly over holiday weekends like this).

Hard to say whether it's a sellout or not. There are a few empty seats...not sure if those were Pitt's tickets or not. I know Pitt returned some tickets from their allotment, and there's been some changes in the system by which students get tickets to try to minimize the no-shows by students (particularly over holiday weekends like this).

I give any school a pass on a game played on Thanksgiving or the day after.

"When I was at one of my lowest points and really was questioning whether I deserved to have a life worth living...."

Yeah then you mentioned some horseshit about message boards, as if that had something to do with anything.

Tell ya what, unless you've got a PhD in psychology why don't you take care of yourself and I'll do the same.

Amateur psychologists piss me off more than just about anything. Broke up with a girl over that shit.

You still a big Sendek fan KA?

Yes though this team is testing that greatly.

IMO he's bowed to pressure to play more attractive basketball with more athletic players and it's killing him. They don't have their FR PG that is their most touted recruit since Harden, but this is hard to watch. I don't understand what anyone on the court is doing. I think the walkon is their best point guard; Colvin is just a mess. They've started better this game, though they got two 3's to go that won't go that often.

Additionally, I have no idea why Bzz didn't start Fischer. He could hit 10 3's against ASU if he had a good night. 3's will be there.

Yeah then you mentioned some horseshit about message boards, as if that had something to do with anything.

Tell ya what, unless you've got a PhD in psychology why don't you take care of yourself and I'll do the same.

Amateur psychologists piss me off more than just about anything. Broke up with a girl over that shit.

You're such an ass. I think we can all agree we would all be better off if your knight in shining armor had just gone and played some XBox instead.

So, it bothers YOU when other people act like they know everything?

:rofl:

So, it bothers YOU when other people act like they know everything?

:rofl:

I don't try to psychoanalyze people.

I don't mind when people that know what they're talking about talk about things they know.

You're such an ass. I think we can all agree we would all be better off if your knight in shining armor had just gone and played some XBox instead.

Real classy.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person you're allowed to say that to on this board.

Back