• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KanhojiAngre's Playground

Abhorrent by the person that tweeted that. He should be ashamed.

Was many more than one. There were a bunch.

And yes, some of them could be getting a visit from the police service if they're British. UK makes the US look libertarian. Heck they might have CCTV footage of the guy typing the tweet (kidding, but almost not).

Was many more than one. There were a bunch.

And yes, some of them could be getting a visit from the police service if they're British. UK makes the US look libertarian. Heck they might have CCTV footage of the guy typing the tweet (kidding, but almost not).

Yeah, reading about it now. Those clowns are sub-human. Clearly Balotelli was going for getting a response with that tweet, but you can talk shit without resorting to pathetic racism. Shame on those people.

Yeah, reading about it now. Those clowns are sub-human. Clearly Balotelli was going for getting a response with that tweet, but you can talk shit without resorting to pathetic racism. Shame on those people.

Dunno if he was going for a wind up there or not. People post whatever comes into their brains on Twitter all the time. Kind of the good and bad of the thing. I'm sure a zillion people were thinking the same as Balotelli -- Lineker posted some much more pointed banter yesterday toward LFC (as if any club he was on ever won anything important, don't think even Barca won the league with him). But no one cared because he's a white English guy and didn't get racially abused.

I doubt Mario gives much of a shit what subhumans on Twitter think after having been treated like crap by his own countrymen as a national team player.

Really? You don't think Balotelli was trying to wind people up by posting "Man utd LOL" moments after United blew a 3-1 lead to lose 5-3 in the final 25 minutes of the match? Really?

And I don't think there is anything wrong with what Balotelli did -- he was having some fun at a rival club's expense. So what?

Ha didn't recall that you used the same word to describe that I did...guess you chose well there!

Talk about an interesting week that was in the world of sports.

Merseyside derby looks like it could be first to 5 wins, like foosball.

mi5C5Wl.png

This is pretty amazing. Only one team of the presumed top 7 is playing at a top 4 clip right now, and Everton and Man U are all but gone. In the previous 3 years of the APLT, no team has gotten to -10 before Game 10, and none of those teams finished higher than 6th.

33 games to go. 99 points to play for.

Any analysis is very premature right now.

Except that it isn't at all.

I forget who it is, but someone on my Twitter has like a quantitative method (meaning the computer doesn't know who is supposed to be good) that has like a 2/3 success rate at picking the top 4 based on 3 games. And James Grayson has had a really good handle on the season since before it even started (his method picked Southampton 4th).

I could go into a lot more detail, but since you say it's premature I can't imagine you're actually interested.

You're right, I'm not.
I'd be floored if Southampton finished 4th, and I've been a person hyping up their signings and manager on here. I think 7th is their ceiling.

Even if you wanted to believe in computer programs, there simply isn't enough data out there after 5 matches (2 after the transfer window shutting) to tell us anything. At this point in September they are just guessing like any person would be doing after 5 weeks.

mi5C5Wl.png

This is pretty amazing. Only one team of the presumed top 7 is playing at a top 4 clip right now, and Everton and Man U are all but gone. In the previous 3 years of the APLT, no team has gotten to -10 before Game 10, and none of those teams finished higher than 6th.

So let me get this straight - Liverpool loses to West Ham on the road (who James Grayson projected as last place), and they only lose one point. Arsenal beats Aston Villa on the road (who was projected 13th by Grayson) and they stay even. I would think that there should be a three point difference since Arsenal won on the road and Liverpool lost (for the third time in five matches).

So let me get this straight - Liverpool loses to West Ham on the road (who James Grayson projected as last place), and they only lose one point. Arsenal beats Aston Villa on the road (who was projected 13th by Grayson) and they stay even. I would think that there should be a three point difference since Arsenal won on the road and Liverpool lost (for the third time in five matches).

APLT is not Grayson, or SCoRe (Simon Gleave's comparative results metric). APLT goes on last year's table for par purposes. My apologies if I made that unclear. Grayson's things are total shot ratio and more recently "team rating". IIRC, I think it's him that claims to be 2/3 on top 4 after 3 games using team rating in backtesting.

I understand you could use the same principle in APLT in other ways (like games vs. top 7s are par 1s would be a quite reasonable variant) but that's how it's been done on the site from which I got it. Reasoning for # of par 1s is 26 * 3 = 78 + (12 * 1) = 90. From there you could play with it however you like, I suppose.

It's an easily understood visual representation of how teams are really doing relative to a point target selected because of its relation to title winning points, and 4th place points. All things still aren't equal (Everton lost 3 points for a home loss to Chelsea, Man U lost 2 for a road draw against Burnley) but great shouldn't be the enemy of both good and straightforward.

I'd be interested to know which teams Grayson actually bet on over/under season points. I know he bet on Southampton over, and I would strongly suspect he bet on Man U under. I don't actually know about West Ham, but I definitely would not have had them last, even before their very good transfer window.

Liverpool in deep trouble eh?

At least they won the game where they played like crap.

Two more points dropped to a bottom feeding team for Man U. Sunderland, Leicester, Burnley, West Brom -- 0 wins. A golden path paved for them in the first 8 games and they're in 6th. Even I wouldn't have guessed that -- I at least thought they'd get off to a fast start before being exposed.

you are pathetically predictable

I guess the life of an intern did require as much of your time as you thought it would?

Alternative Premier League table
Chelsea +4
Southampton +2
Man City -3
Liverpool -5
Spurs -7
Arsenal -9
Everton -11
Man U -12

If Man U won 10 straight games (fat chance), they'd be -6. Chelsea will be +6 if they win at Man U (and Man U -15). It's a long, LOOOONG road back for Man U.

Q9bu8wc.png

West Ham -6. There might be a few more teams higher than -10, but since WHU is currently top 4, figured give them the same treatment as Southampton and look it up.

How did that graph/table look at the end of the last 5 seasons compared to the real table?

Back