• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KanhojiAngre's Playground

1-2. League Double. Liverpool back to being lower in Man United in the table. Order restored. Kanhoji still absent. Maybe we will see him again in the summer?

CAtwBOMWAAEszxm.jpg

You said Ander wasn't good at defending. I was just showing that wasn't the case and that you made an uninformed statement.

You already admitted to not knowing anything about him, so I'm not sure why you keep saying he isn't good at something when you admit ignorance on the topic.

Or, let me guess, you used a youtube video to scout him?

Pretty sure I already said that that I didn't know much about him and watched his game videos against the top teams in Spain to get an idea. Dunno how he got 100 tackles but against the big clubs he didn't look like much of a tackling machine at all. He did look pretty decent at some other things.

Just did the same thing with Markovic against Porto and Inter...much more impressed with him. He makes mistakes of exuberance but boy does he make things happen. Rather Sterling-like. Need to find more players like that at the age they found Sterling rather than when you have to pay 20M for them.

Do you really think the clubs aren't making judgments in similar ways? Their time is limited too, ya know. You don't find out what a kid has by watching him against garbage clubs. One thing you do miss with the youtube videos is how a player got into a position to get the ball or win the ball, but for sitting on my butt in my living room on a different continent a few months after the game took place, I find it more than useful.

So you probably rely too much on stats, I probably don't care enough about them (in soccer anyway, different in other sports). But after the Comolli mess, it's obvious that numbers can mislead.

Hoy boy! There you go loving to be wrong again!

Average of 3.1 tackles per game in all 33 La Liga matches he played in last season, 2 of which were substitute appearances.

Bilbao 1 - 0 Barca: 5 tackles won
Barca 2 - 1 Bilbao: 4 tackles won
Bilbao 1 - 1 Real Madrid: 3 tackles won

Average of 4 tackles/game in the 3 matches against Barca and Real Madrid. (And allow me to do the math for you; that works out to an extra tackle per game when playing Barca and Real Madrid than when playing any other La Liga side).

In short, you don't know what you are talking about, so you might want to just stop and let this debate slink away. You are just making yourself look foolish.

Please come back, Kanho.

Come take your crow pudding.

So apparently Joe Allen is worth at least 2 1/2 Tom Cleverleys. Pretty much what I always thought. Funny that Allen was apparently the second choice to Vidal as well considering my view that Vidal is overrated and that Allen could do most of what Vidal does, and the rest Liverpool doesn't have a problem with.

That's all for now, gotta go watch the Champions League draw. Hope Liverpool draws Barcelona, that would be a hugely publicized game.

Kanho rates Joe Allen. Let us remember that in June when he returns.

D8AaTkkXYAAOxju.jpg

Champion. Legend. Mentality monster. Language in interviews: room for improvement.

61796350_10157951546702573_2148147654238928896_o.jpg

You know that trophy isn't gonna get dropped.

Champion of Europe. World's best goalkeeper. Legendary beard. Most popular athlete named Becker in the history of the world. Only man ever to look good in that shade of green.

It cost less than 100 million pounds -- or about 0.71 Coutinhos! -- to go from 10th in the Premier League and a negative goal difference to Champions of Europe for a 6th time (more than all other Premier League clubs combined!).

What a team. What a manager. What a club. What an ownership group.

From top to bottom, just a fantastically run club.

Tottenham-vs-Liverpool-37.jpg

Greatest team. Greatest fans. Jealousy of said fans reaching peak levels.

Buzzing. Will be for some time. THE CHAMPIONS!

Congratulations on the win and then celebrating by coming back to OGBoards immediately after the final whistle. A glorious way to celebrate #6.

Back