• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KanhojiAngre's Playground

Congratulations on the win and then celebrating by coming back to OGBoards immediately after the final whistle. A glorious way to celebrate #6.

Was quite a bit after bc it took a long time after the whistle for EUROPEAN CHAMPION CAPTAIN (I know you love seeing those words as much as I do) Jordan Henderson to lift the trophy.

D8AqFwwX4AAeASU.jpg

"football expert" lol.

D8FTgiSX4AYMxfZ.jpg

We are Liverpool.

1 million people (or so) turned up to watch a bus pass (and some to run with the bus, even on roads that weren't closed lol). Amazing scenes. Amazing fans. Amazing club.

I literally forgot you existed. As I will do again when you slither away next time.

You still preparing cups of coffee for important military types? Thank you for your service.

Yep, we were mediocre to the core this year. As we have been since SAF retired.

Yet, MUFC has still managed to win more trophies since SAF retired than Liverpool has won in 13 seasons.

And again, I fully admit United are fucking crap right now.

30 years tho. 30 years since Liverpool won the league. Did you even know about football then?

I literally forgot you existed. As I will do again when you slither away next time.

What reason would have I have had to be here? It's not like anything worth discussing has taken place in Wake Forest revenue sports since. I mean I guess the debate whether [Redacted] or Manning is the worst basketball coach in Wake history could be a lively one?

Don't care. Six times.

Would you rather win the ACC or the national championship?

I'd rather understand they are completely different topics of discussion. College basketball and club football. As I'm somewhat sure you do understand.

A true Liverpool supporter would gladly trade the CL for the PL with City if they could. Same for City trading their PL for Liverpool's CL if they could.

A cute argument but you never really posted here to discuss Wake sports, did ya? So it falls short of being reasonable.

I think you came back to this message board after 4 plus years within minutes of the final whistle of Liverpool's victory because you live a sad, sorry life.
Rather than continue that existence you chose to instead post on a message board where people forgot you ever existed.
Wow.
And that is why you should go away again. Buh bye.

I originally came here (well, not here, but whatever), if you recall, in support of proud Mountaineer state native Jim Grobe, the last coach to win anything at Wake in a revenue sport (or even come close).

Your last two decent basketball coaches -- two best in winning percentage since before the Depression -- had WV ties as well. I also quite liked Dave Odom.

As mentioned, precious fucking little to talk about re: Wake revenue sports these days.

I'd rather understand they are completely different topics of discussion. College basketball and club football. As I'm somewhat sure you do understand.

A true Liverpool supporter would gladly trade the CL for the PL with City if they could. Same for City trading their PL for Liverpool's CL if they could.

I don't think too many of the ~1 million folks that showed up to see 2 buses are too bothered.

And no they're not really that different. You qualify for the big tournament (Champions League) by doing well enough in your regularly scheduled games. No one gives a shit about the domestic cups at all anymore unless that's all they have to give a shit about and they get you a ticket into a European tournament you wouldn't have been in otherwise (so like winning the conference tournament when you wouldn't have gotten in otherwise).

Champions League is by the bigger and more prestigious competition worldwide. I'll be happy to celebrate Liverpool winning the league, but the Champions League is the #1 club competition in the world. It's being the best by beating the best. And Liverpool has been runner-up and CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE in the last two years, respectively.

To go from 10th in the league when Klopp was hiring, 8th at season's end, to winning the Champions League...is just spectacular, and I'm pretty sure a zillion "real Liverpool fans" were pretty happy with it.

I don't think too many of the ~1 million folks that showed up to see 2 buses are too bothered.

And no they're not really that different. You qualify for the big tournament (Champions League) by doing well enough in your regularly scheduled games. No one gives a shit about the domestic cups at all anymore unless that's all they have to give a shit about and they get you a ticket into a European tournament you wouldn't have been in otherwise (so like winning the conference tournament when you wouldn't have gotten in otherwise).

Champions League is by the bigger and more prestigious competition worldwide. I'll be happy to celebrate Liverpool winning the league, but the Champions League is the #1 club competition in the world. It's being the best by beating the best. And Liverpool has been runner-up and CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE in the last two years, respectively.

To go from 10th in the league when Klopp was hiring, 8th at season's end, to winning the Champions League...is just spectacular, and I'm pretty sure a zillion "real Liverpool fans" were pretty happy with it.

My point still stands.

Any true Liverpool supporter would gladly trade #6 for #19 if they could. And any true Liverpool supporter if asked about next season would rather win #19 than #7.

You are speaking like an ignorant American johnny-come-lately soccer fanboi, which... I assume you are not. So why are you doing that? Just to be a contrarian? Or just because you like fucking your cousins? (weird proclamation, btw, dude. GROSS!)

but alright, west virginia backwoods jeff. i really just dont have the desire to do this shit anymore for this long.

having a nearly 1 year old changes ones outlook on life. and i just literally dont care about this silly "feud" now. you are nothing to me.

take care, i know you will get your fill of possum.

My point still stands.

Any true Liverpool supporter would gladly trade #6 for #19 if they could. And any true Liverpool supporter if asked about next season would rather win #19 than #7.

You are speaking like an ignorant American johnny-come-lately soccer fanboi, which... I assume you are not. So why are you doing that? Just to be a contrarian? Or just because you like fucking your cousins? (weird proclamation, btw, dude. GROSS!)

Winning the Champions League -- dominated by Real Madrid and Barcelona of late -- puts Liverpool in a place in the worldwide consciousness that winning the PL doesn't. Why do you think City wants it so badly? They aren't dummies. They know what it's worth.

The world stood up and took notice when Liverpool beat Barcelona 4-0. And now they have the most prestigious trophy in club football.

You can't take anything away from that, no matter how hard you try.

your%2Btears%2Bare%2Bdelicious.jpg

but alright, west virginia backwoods jeff. i really just dont have the desire to do this shit anymore for this long.

having a nearly 1 year old changes ones outlook on life. and i just literally dont care about this silly "feud" now. you are nothing to me.

take care, i know you will get your fill of possum.

Says the guy with EIGHTY-FUCKING-THOUSAND posts.

Suck it Mountaineers

You should have more respect for WV as a Wake Forest fan.

What little success you've had in sports people care about in the last dozen or so years was courtesy a coach with WV ties. Obviously should have kept Gaudio (not a WV native but Ferry is definitely more Wheeling area than anything else, and worked in Wheeling from when he graduated from Ohio until leaving Wheeling Central with Prosser).

But maybe you're happy with Danny Staak and Dave Dooley. Farbeit from me to begrudge a person's happiness.

Back