• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KanhojiAngre's Playground

So it was you that was commentating the game.

You should be working at the snack bar.

What's so hard about seeing that the guy's knee landed on the line? This isn't soccer or volleyball. If it's not green, it's out.

You couldn't see anything either way, you're just biased. It was brutally close and inconclusive which is why I said whatever the call was should have stayed.

You couldn't see anything either way, you're just biased. It was brutally close and inconclusive which is why I said whatever the call was should have stayed.

Thank God you aren't a replay official.

If you can't overturn that, you can't overturn a call.

His knee landed part way in, part way out. Not difficult. Out of bounds, no catch.

Obvious.

Thank God you aren't a replay official.

If you can't overturn that, you can't overturn a call.

His knee landed part way in, part way out. Not difficult. Out of bounds, no catch.

Obvious.

Uh...if it landed part way in and part way out and the part that landed in hit first which it certainly looked like it could have then it would have been a catch. The call on the field was a catch so I thought it should have stood. It was obviously a close review I don't know WTF you were looking at.

Uh...if it landed part way in and part way out and the part that landed in hit first

Exactly how many landable points does your knee have? Mine pretty much has just one. I haven't done a knee study or anything, but empirically I've gathered that my knee is similar to that of others, only right now it has a healing MCL sprain/tear/something.

which it certainly looked like it could have then it would have been a catch. The call on the field was a catch so I thought it should have stood. It was obviously a close review I don't know WTF you were looking at.

I would ask the same of you. I guess you were looking for a reason that it should stand. Again, fortunately you're not a replay official and fortunately that idiot commentator isn't the WVU football coach.

The basketball coach thread is a complete and total fucking fail. I don't know if there's three posts on that thread that indicate that the poster has any idea at all what they're talking about.

And yes I realize that some people are joking.

The basketball coach thread is a complete and total fucking fail. I don't know if there's three posts on that thread that indicate that the poster has any idea at all what they're talking about.

And yes I realize that some people are joking.

Who do you suggest?

Who do you suggest?

Haven't really given it a lot of thought, but there's a lot of crazy on that thread.

Blaine Taylor has been pretty good though they don't appear to be particularly good this year, his teams play a slow tempo and he hasn't really recruited many/any real stars other than Aussie Alex Loughton.

Larry Eustachy is an idea I don't hate as long as he's over boozing with coeds half his age at opposing schools. Want to see what he does this year. USM is not an easy job for basketball though so him doing well there is impressive. Would probably see at least a few JUCO recruits though, don't know how Wake feels about that.

There are a few others I'd have on the radar to see how they do in the next couple of years -- UCF's Donnie Jones, Morehead State's Donnie Tyndall, Iona's Tim Cluess, Quinnipiac's Tom Moore, Bradley's Geno Ford, Santa Clara's Kerry Keating, Sydney Johnson though I think he needs to prove he can win after this current group goes through at Fairfield, unlesss he takes them to the Sweet 16 or something, Groce though I don't know if he's deserving of a higher billing than anyone else on this list, Ohio State assistant Jeff Boals, Kent State's Rob Senderoff -- but it's really a moot point to look at right now as Bzz is not going anywhere this year. It might be kind of a good thing because I don't see a whole lot of outstanding candidates that I think would be likely to take the job (i.e. not Stevens, not Smart, etc.). Several good candidates got nabbed before this season.

Yeah then you mentioned some horseshit about message boards, as if that had something to do with anything.

Tell ya what, unless you've got a PhD in psychology why don't you take care of yourself and I'll do the same.

Amateur psychologists piss me off more than just about anything. Broke up with a girl over that shit.

To recap:

1) You post some random stuff about having gone through a really tough time in your life
2) BBD posts something nice about how he's sorry you went through that and is glad to see you made it through
3) You act like a dick to him.

That about right?

Asked, answered and cleared up as far as I can tell.

Have any opinions on the Backyard Brawl, coaches that might be an option for Wake in a couple of years, or bad referee calls/good instant replay decisions?

You know...something on-topic?

Asked, answered and cleared up as far as I can tell.

Have any opinions on the Backyard Brawl, coaches that might be an option for Wake in a couple of years, or bad referee calls/good instant replay decisions?

You know...something on-topic?

On topic? There is no topic to this/your thread. It's a general dumping ground.

There are more current and pertinent topics than others.

I'm trying to make contributions that others find worth reading and seem to be doing a pretty decent job of that. So would appreciate you not hijacking the thread to try to make an issue of something that's already been resolved.

Thanks.

Haven't really given it a lot of thought, but there's a lot of crazy on that thread.

Blaine Taylor has been pretty good though they don't appear to be particularly good this year, his teams play a slow tempo and he hasn't really recruited many/any real stars other than Aussie Alex Loughton.

Larry Eustachy is an idea I don't hate as long as he's over boozing with coeds half his age at opposing schools. Want to see what he does this year. USM is not an easy job for basketball though so him doing well there is impressive. Would probably see at least a few JUCO recruits though, don't know how Wake feels about that.

There are a few others I'd have on the radar to see how they do in the next couple of years -- UCF's Donnie Jones, Morehead State's Donnie Tyndall, Iona's Tim Cluess, Quinnipiac's Tom Moore, Bradley's Geno Ford, Santa Clara's Kerry Keating, Sydney Johnson though I think he needs to prove he can win after this current group goes through at Fairfield, unlesss he takes them to the Sweet 16 or something, Groce though I don't know if he's deserving of a higher billing than anyone else on this list, Ohio State assistant Jeff Boals, Kent State's Rob Senderoff -- but it's really a moot point to look at right now as Bzz is not going anywhere this year. It might be kind of a good thing because I don't see a whole lot of outstanding candidates that I think would be likely to take the job (i.e. not Stevens, not Smart, etc.). Several good candidates got nabbed before this season.

Larry Eustachy LOL. There is no way in hell Wake would hire Larry.

Donnie Jones is about the only realistic Donovan assistant Wake could pursue.

And it is a "dream" candidate thread, not a realistic one.

Last edited:
No kidding, espcially when you consider that Gaudio was Eustachy lite.

Yeah except Eustachy can coach.

Someone's going to hire him, he's done his penance. If you don't want a good coach, don't hire him.

Boals would be a very "Wake" kind of coach. Tough as nails as a player at Ohio, known for screens you didn't want to run through, and as a coach he's smart, works very hard, good recruiter, good teacher. Simply one of the best all-around assistants in the game.

And unlike most of the people mentioned on the coach thread, he's attainable for Wake.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/boals_jeff00.html

Yeah except Eustachy can coach.

Someone's going to hire him, he's done his penance. If you don't want a good coach, don't hire him.

Boals would be a very "Wake" kind of coach. Tough as nails as a player at Ohio, known for screens you didn't want to run through, and as a coach he's smart, works very hard, good recruiter, good teacher. Simply one of the best all-around assistants in the game.

And unlike most of the people mentioned on the coach thread, he's attainable for Wake.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/boals_jeff00.html

Again, that thread was hypothetical.

Well no shit, considering Bzz isn't going anywhere this year, and probably not until spring 2013 at the earliest.

No it was hypothetical in the sense that if you could get anyone to come coach the program (that isn't already firmly entrenched at another program) who would it be? It wasn't OH BOY I THINK WE CAN GET BRAD STEVENS REALLY THO LOL.

No it was hypothetical in the sense that if you could get anyone to come coach the program (that isn't already firmly entrenched at another program) who would it be? It wasn't OH BOY I THINK WE CAN GET BRAD STEVENS REALLY THO LOL.

LOL way to add that caveat that wasn't there.

So take your pick...either...

People on the thread are mostly stupid for having stupid unrealistic ideas of who Wake could hire...OR...

People on the thread are mostly stupid for engaging in a pointless exercise. Playing "what coach do you like that we could never ever hire" is pretty pointless.

Your choice. Either way, my list is better, more realistic, and I don't think there's anyone on it that wouldn't be interested in the job.

Back