• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KanhojiAngre's Playground

Where in our rules does it say we can't take disciplinary action against a poster, especially one that is derailing every single thread?

Nearly every "big" decision by the moderators is a team vote. That being said, we don't make them very often. You just annoyed enough posters to the point where action was necessary.

We didn't want to completely ban you, because you obviously have a strong love of this place and the attention you get here. We didn't want to ruin that for you.

You are wrong again, as usual.

Not what my information says.

Have you responded to the request on the mod board for discussion of the issue due the fact that protocol was not followed and people were left out of the decision?

Or am I just being lied to by everyone?

Not banning me had nothing to do with altruism. It had everything to do with not having the votes. So you come up with this in between solution that the people who did it figure even if it was also wrong, won't be undone.

It was suggested to me that I should come back under a different username, but what would be the point of that? It would just be the same because either I would have to act completely differently from my real self in order to not be discovered, or if I supported the same teams, ideas, etc. that I do, it would be a matter of time before people figured out who I was. So that's no kind of solution, but it does prove that people -- even mods -- believe that my posts, the information contained in them and my contribution in general has value. Otherwise, there wouldn't be any advocacy for maintaining my presence at all.

Bottom line is this board has become just like the scout board -- subject to the whims of a select few censors.

How the hell does this socaldeac still have posting privileges...he's way more useless than I ever was. Someone might want to tell that fucktard that Grobe's .500is record is a helluva lot better than the people that came before him. Yet he stays, and someone who actually has a fucking clue what they're talking about on a consistent basis is banished to an island. Makes sense.

I notice no mod took any exception to a poster on this thread wishing I had committed suicide. Rules are different for me. Can be no more definitive proof.

It was his idea. It wasn't done without consulting others. You don't know what you are talking about.

It was his idea. It wasn't done without consulting others. You don't know what you are talking about.

Information I have is that it was done without following protocol for ensuring that everyone in the mod squad has their say.

"Consulting others" is not the same thing.

Tell ya what...let's not have an election this year...let's just let the Congress consult with business leaders and pick the next president. I mean...they're consulting others, so it counts. Right?

What he did was completely against protocol and the rules set out for the site. Praise indeed.

The other mods shouldn't be fooled into thinking they have any real power. Apparently one mod will do whatever he wants and damn what anyone else says or wants. Anyone that is not an admin mod might as well not exist here, and I have no idea why one would send any money to keep the site going considering the usurpation of their authority by TWDeac.

Even if I favored banning me, this would piss me off if I was a mod here.

In fact, the reason that this course of action was taken is because TW couldn't ban me without thumbing his nose at the rules to an even greater extent.

Praise indeed.

"So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause."

You know nothing Jon Snow.

Are you for or against toleration of posters advocating the suicide of other posters?

I'm not for it but I won't restrict others suggesting it.
If you, as a grown man, take your own life because of what some random dude suggested it on the internet, then I'm going to guess it wasn't really what made you make that decision.

It was suggested to me that I should come back under a different username, but what would be the point of that? It would just be the same because either I would have to act completely differently from my real self in order to not be discovered, or if I supported the same teams, ideas, etc. that I do, it would be a matter of time before people figured out who I was. So that's no kind of solution, but it does prove that people -- even mods -- believe that my posts, the information contained in them and my contribution in general has value. Otherwise, there wouldn't be any advocacy for maintaining my presence at all.

THIS GIVES ME A GREAT NEW FILM IDEA! THE KANHOJI OF MONTE CRISTO!

Information I have is that it was done without following protocol for ensuring that everyone in the mod squad has their say.

God, you are a fucking idiot. Now you are suggesting you have access to the moderator forum.

Out with your inside sources, please. Who didn't agree with what was done here?

What reason do you have to think that I would go against what everyone else in the moderator forum believed? I'm the least confrontational person you'll meet. There is no chance I would do this if even one person told me it was a bad idea.

I'm not for it but I won't restrict others suggesting it.
If you, as a grown man, take your own life because of what some random dude suggested it on the internet, then I'm going to guess it wasn't really what made you make that decision.

That wasn't the context and you know it.

Thanks for the compliment, but either I do know something or I'm being lied to by pretty much everyone.

You're being lied too because you are such an enormous pain in the ass in PMs. No one wants to deal with you and your self-absorbed posting style.

God, you are a fucking idiot. Now you are suggesting you have access to the moderator forum.

Don't have to have access to something to know what is or isn't going on there.

Out with your inside sources, please. Who didn't agree with what was done here?

LOL do you really think I'm going to do that?

What reason do you have to think that I would go against what everyone else in the moderator forum believed?

You didn't, because there was no formal discussion in that way. Like DV said, you consulted with some people you knew would be friendly to what you wanted to do, then you did it. Better to ask forgiveness than permission.

I'm the least confrontational person you'll meet. There is no chance I would do this if even one person told me it was a bad idea.

Which is why you didn't ask anyone that might.

Back