• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KanhojiAngre's Playground

Definitely ridiculous. Definitely unrelated to Suarez.

You think so? You don't think that these two sagas will always be related merely by their proximity in time to each other, and now the vastly different ways in which they were handled?

The FA shielded John Terry while attemping to make an example of Suarez for what was not as serious an allegation. Between the two, what Terry is accused of saying is far worse, of this there can be no doubt.

The FA prevented reporters from asking Terry about the case, and now if you think the FA had nothing to do with the fortunate timing of Terry's court date, well I have to say you're just daft.

Capello should drop Terry from the England squad at least until this is over. The FA can't stop papers from other countries from writing about it, which will mean eventually the English papers will. And I can't imagine Terry will make much of a leader on a team with several black players. Capello should have announced this from the start, eliminating the FA's motivation to slow roll the case until after the Euro 2012. Indeed, it would have encouraged the same kind of speedy judgment that the FA seemed determined to get in the Suarez case.

While the two cases may be technically independent, it's just reality that in the minds of fans and outside observers, they will never be. The PL is the best league in the world and England is one of the highest-profile national teams. The world is watching. Right now, they can't be too impressed with the account English soccer and the English justice system is making of itself.

And as far as the police reporting goes...who was it that made the report? Terry stands to face at worst a fine by all indications. Seems quite possible that it might been someone looking out for Terry's interests and someone that wished to give the FA plausible deniability for their inaction (and the court's subsequent favoritism with regard to the timing of the case's adjudication.

It's all smellier than 3 day old fish-and-chips. Suarez completes his midseason suspension before we even find out when Terry's day in court will be? On what planet does that make sense?

You honestly think the FA has a major say in the court system and how it proceeds with trials and judgment?

And then you propose some bizarre FA led conspiracy to have John Terry brought forward of criminal charges! Thanks for the laugh.

:rofl: You're even crazier than I fucking imagined. Jesus Christ. Get a grip of reality, you fucking lunatic.

And the FA hasn't prevented journos from talking about the Terry case. THE LAW has, you ignorant buffoon.

BBCSport BBC Sport
FA chairman David Bernstein contacts all other board members to seek their views on whether John Terry should remain England captain

Hopefully they strip him of the armband. I don't see anyway that he can be captain of England with this over his head.

BBCSport BBC Sport
FA chairman David Bernstein contacts all other board members to seek their views on whether John Terry should remain England captain

Hopefully they strip him of the armband. I don't see anyway that he can be captain of England with this over his head.

HOPEFULLY... THEY DON'T. England blow. Baines for LB!

You honestly think the FA has a major say in the court system and how it proceeds with trials and judgment?

And then you propose some bizarre FA led conspiracy to have John Terry brought forward of criminal charges! Thanks for the laugh.

:rofl: You're even crazier than I fucking imagined. Jesus Christ. Get a grip of reality, you fucking lunatic.

So who brought the police into it then? Quite interesting that it's never been said who.

The "criminal charges" will probably end up being weaker than the penalty the FA handed out to Suarez, both in terms of fine and period of being deprived of being able to do his job.

I don't know if you think cursing at me is clever or what. What I do know is you're damn lucky I don't live in South Carolina anymore. It would be worth a few hours drive to beat the shit out of you. It's not worth a few days drive. But someday. Don't think I don't know where to look.

You want to see lunatic. You'll see it, right then and there. It'll be worth a night in jail to watch blood come out of your mouth.

And the FA hasn't prevented journos from talking about the Terry case. THE LAW has, you ignorant buffoon.

England's press doesn't have a right to ask questions? Pretty sure there's no law against that. There is however an FA that cuts off such questioning live in press conferences.

I don't see any citation of legality here. Just "we're not going to talk about that". You would think that if he had the excuse that it's illegal, he certainly would have used it. FA...running protection, with a miked up rep at the table, ensuring Terry doesn't respond to the press's questions. He even stopped Terry from answering!

So who brought the police into it then? Quite interesting that it's never been said who.

The "criminal charges" will probably end up being weaker than the penalty the FA handed out to Suarez, both in terms of fine and period of being deprived of being able to do his job.

I don't know if you think cursing at me is clever or what. What I do know is you're damn lucky I don't live in South Carolina anymore. It would be worth a few hours drive to beat the shit out of you. It's not worth a few days drive. But someday. Don't think I don't know where to look.

You want to see lunatic. You'll see it, right then and there. It'll be worth a night in jail to watch blood come out of your mouth.

A member of the public lodged the complaint:

"The Metropolitan police had spent the previous week assessing a complaint that was emailed by a member of the public 24 hours after the game at Loftus Road."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/01/police-john-terry-anton-ferdinand

The Metropolitan police said yesterday that they were "notified of an incident ... involving alleged racial abuse" after a complaint from a member of the public following Sunday's match between the west London clubs at Loftus Road.
"This is currently being assessed by officers," police said in a statement.
http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20111026/sports/sports91.html

And again with the e-threats! Like clockwork.

England's press doesn't have a right to ask questions? Pretty sure there's no law against that. There is however an FA that cuts off such questioning live in press conferences.

I don't see any citation of legality here. Just "we're not going to talk about that". You would think that if he had the excuse that it's illegal, he certainly would have used it. FA...running protection, with a miked up rep at the table, ensuring Terry doesn't respond to the press's questions. He even stopped Terry from answering!

Talking about an ongoing criminal court case and speculating about it can be seen as Contempt of Court in the UK.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/a_to_c/contempt_of_court/

By the way, these old posts by you are funny now considering you think that Suarez should never have been punished now, even tho he was found guilty.

BS. Accusations don't mean shit. John Terry was found out almost immediately by video. There has not yet been video come out to suggest Suarez did anything now more than a week later.

They need to be fined if they say another word about it. Let the investigation happen unfettered by media pressure. They're clearly just trying to unsettle him and the investigation team.

Ridiculous, but typical.

Completely agree with Dalglish that it needs to be done quickly and whichever is the guilty party should be punished.

It should be done ASAP and Suarez is cleared, then Evra should be punished.

If Suarez is found to have done something wrong, then he should be punished.

Under no circumstance should there not be someone punished here. You can't just let people make accusations with no repercussions.

And the FA should put a gag on everyone about it. Don't care who asked what about what. This should not be allowed to be used as an unsettling tactic in any way.

Talk about what's happening on the pitch. Leave the investigators to do their job unfettered by media or manager pressure.

It's strange to me that Terry was all but convicted by video in a matter of hours, but a week has revealed nothing similar except the dv7 equivalent of the Zapruder film.

I had actually forgotten about this already. I figured if anything had come of it, DV would have had a dozen posts on it that I would have seen at work where I can't log in.

Good for that other supporter to point out that moron and alert the authorities to his abhorrent behavior. Hit him with the law and take away his ability to ever step foot in Old Trafford again if the charge is proven.

lolol

Talking about an ongoing criminal court case and speculating about it can be seen as Contempt of Court in the UK.

Just to press home that people actually know this law...

davekidd_people Dave Kidd
If any newspaper wrote what Barton did today, they'd be prosecuted for contempt. He has a million followers but no legal knowledge

What did Barton say?

The midfielder, who has over a million followers on the social networking site, tweeted: "This John Terry saga, has turned into one of the most hideously managed spectacles I have ever known. WTF is going on.

"Do I think hes a racist? No. I think hes said something really stupid in the heat of battle/argument. This should of been dealt with instantly (Like Suarez or more games) and put to bed. The longer it goes on, the worse it is for the game.

"This is now affecting England as well as those involved. I dont understand how its managed to get this drawn out or out of control.

"The FA wants to shape up and sharpish. How can they strip him of the captaincy, when hes not been foound guilty in the courts of the land?

"Whats the point of going to court? He should of took his punishment for what he said. This is now helping nobody.

"The one I feel for is Anton, hes done nowt wrong and has to be the subject of speculation and the possibility of going to court to give evidence.

"Once the issue went out of the FA's control, it was always going to get messy. They should have dealt with it instantly. Now its a farce.

"Think Terry's only got himself to blame.

"Whose the winner in all of this? I cant think of anyone... can you? What a debacle its turned into. Sad state of affairs. Heads should roll."

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Joey-Barton-tweets-John-Terry-has-only-himself-to-blame-for-being-stripped-of-England-captaincy-over-Anton-Ferdinand-racism-allegations-article860991.html

A member of the public lodged the complaint:

"The Metropolitan police had spent the previous week assessing a complaint that was emailed by a member of the public 24 hours after the game at Loftus Road."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/nov/01/police-john-terry-anton-ferdinand

The Metropolitan police said yesterday that they were "notified of an incident ... involving alleged racial abuse" after a complaint from a member of the public following Sunday's match between the west London clubs at Loftus Road.
"This is currently being assessed by officers," police said in a statement.
http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20111026/sports/sports91.html

And again with the e-threats! Like clockwork.

Member of the public...so that eliminates pretty much no one. Maybe it eliminates members of the House of Windsor.

And what you cite has no restriction on the media asking a question, which obviously they know because they tried to do it. Terry could decline to answer, but what is odd is that the FA is running interference for him, going so far as to actually stop him from answering a question he clearly started to answer.

Noticed you haven't had anything to say about the 3rd Man U fan getting busted for racism in the past 13 months.

Member of the public...so that eliminates pretty much no one. Maybe it eliminates members of the House of Windsor.

And what you cite has no restriction on the media asking a question, which obviously they know because they tried to do it. Terry could decline to answer, but what is odd is that the FA is running interference for him, going so far as to actually stop him from answering a question he clearly started to answer.

Noticed you haven't had anything to say about the 3rd Man U fan getting busted for racism in the past 13 months.

EDIT: I guess you have now. Didn't on the other thread, oddly.

Still interesting that that's 2 more fans charged than the most racist club in Europe. The guy from the Oldham still hasn't been tried btw. Starting to look like they may be trying to make it go away quietly.

Barton is awesome. Wish he was a Liverpool player. Agree with him or disagree, he'll say what he thinks, he'll have reason for it and if you don't like it, oh well. Love it.

I disagree with him that Terry should remain captain. The manager doesn't even need a reason to change captains.

I agree with him on almost everything else. Most likely neither Terry nor Suarez are racists. But it's much more clear that what Terry said is racist. And it's also much more clear that he said it. He all but owned it from the start. I agree with him that it should have been dealt with much sooner. And I agree with him that heads should roll in the FA. How they've handled both high profile cases of late has been ridiculous. I think the whole concept of having people in a board room taking the place of match officials in handing out sanctions is just insane.

If they're going to keep the current system, then every club in the PL should be represented on the board when a PL player or manager is being discussed, and so on.

And fuck the match officials. If they couldn't over-rule match officials, Rodwell would serve a three game suspension for a tackle that wasn't even a foul.

Back