• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ten Moderators?

HeavyPetter

Carnal Decadence
Reaction score
What is this, the old STATEFANS board?

Should make for a pretty big circle jerk. Who gets the cookie?

With the boards reaching upwards of a 1000 visitors at any given time, having 1% of those being moderators doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

Yep, and we've got 683 active registered members now. Even with parodies accounted for we are still at around a 60:1 ratio. That's not too far fetched is it?

Nope, they had 7. But there was a reason everyone thought they sucked. Only 2 of them were ever around (and that was only recently, really).

They only have around 800 registered members I think. They don't list that stat anywhere though.

Like I said before though, this just helps us keep spam off the boards and spot trolls from other schools more quickly.

There were 12 apostles, so I think 10 is a fine number.

Yep, and we've got 683 active registered members now. Even with parodies accounted for we are still at around a 60:1 ratio. That's not too far fetched is it?

It's a message board, not maximum security prison. Is there really that much shit going on around here?

It's a message board, not maximum security prison. Is there really that much shit going on around here?

Well we've had at least 50 spam threads posted since launch.

Since traffic has more than doubled in the last week, there is a lot more going on. We can't necessarily read it all. Having another mod out there to help w/ that and spot issues shouldn't be a big deal.

Do you think he's going just to randomly start interfering w/ posts and people? If you haven't noticed, that's not our style here.

Here is a funny post from Bid1966 on the DS board. He apparently doesn't realize that he and WFRoadWarrior are posting in a ghost town

Posted: Today 11:03 AM
On our best behavior
The past few days, everyone here has been on their best behavior, even on the sports and politics boards. Do you guys think its more because of the Worst Poster tournament, or because of the new board starting up?

As for the Worst Poster tournament, I remember that we saw a brief period of kindness and gentleness following last year's Worst Poster tournament because some posters were outspoken but didn't really realize that other posters disliked them for their outspokenness. That, in turn, temporarily altered the natural flow of the boards because prolific posters were posting less, and other posters who weren't even in the tournament felt that their "behavior" was under a microscope. A couple of weeks later, the natural flow of the board returned. We're in the middle of such a period right now, but the natural balance here should return to normal in a couple of weeks.

As for the new boards, I haven't been there yet but I have some friends who post there already. From what I've read here, the migration to the new board was due to certain posters not wanting to be bound by rules. Specifically rules limiting our criticism of our athletic staff, and rules limiting our use of profanity. I haven't visited the new board yet because I suspect that right now its just a bunch of "********************! Bzzzz sucks! hellhellhellhellhellhell! Lobo sucks! ****************************! Wellman sucks!". That just doesn't seem like stimulating conversation to me. A society without rules is destined to ultimately fail, or so I learned in the 7th grade when I read "Lord of the Flies". I don't remember the specific details about that book, but I do remember that main theme. I predict that the posters who migrated to the new board will ultimately return, once they get their profanity and their Bzzz hate out of their systems. Some posters, such as zzzz who swore he was never coming back, has actually come back and posted here already. I think the new board will become tiresome and our regulars will return here soon.

So which factor do you guys attribute to the kinder tone here recently?

Hah, I bet there are still quite a few holdouts who think the content of these boards is all the stuff Bid described. How wrong they are.

Hah, I bet there are still quite a few holdouts who think the content of these boards is all the stuff Bid described. How wrong they are.

Bzzz Sucks!
HELLHELLHELLHELLHELLHELLHELLHELLHELLHELLHELL shit.

AMIDOINITRITE?

It's great that they feel the tone over there is better and it's great that from what I read most of us who post here feel the tone is better here. That's good. Not sure why there needs to be competition or (most importantly) why people seem to think success of this forum depends on getting as many people from over there as possible.

I'm curious about the number of people who lurked over there who are actively posting over here.

Well we've had at least 50 spam threads posted since launch.

Since traffic has more than doubled in the last week, there is a lot more going on. We can't necessarily read it all. Having another mod out there to help w/ that and spot issues shouldn't be a big deal.

Do you think he's going just to randomly start interfering w/ posts and people? If you haven't noticed, that's not our style here.

That's all fine and well but this crowd is certainly more from the school of "power corrupts." Is it a road we'll go down? Doubt it. But it cooould happen... Especially with that Marqueezzzz clown. That fucker yells at the radio in his Porsche when he doesn't like the song. I kind of see him as the next.... turftoe.

I was a pretty infrequent poster over there, but I had just shy of 1,000 posts and was posting slightly more frequently recently. Definitely like the vibe of this board more, though, and intend to continue that trend.

Oh and leaving certain posters behind (BKF) is unbelievably nice (we did, right?)

I was a pretty infrequent poster over there, but I had just shy of 1,000 posts and was posting slightly more frequently recently. Definitely like the vibe of this board more, though, and intend to continue that trend.

Oh and leaving certain posters behind (BKF) is unbelievably nice (we did, right?)

He is here, but not quite so obnoxious, yet ;)

Back