• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA offseason thread

well damn. i fucking hate the lakers.

then again, i barely give shits about the nba so whatever. hope chris gets some rings though.

So the Hornets got K-Mart, Odom and Scola for the best PG in the league...

Just one more step closer to retraction.

Where the hell are the young assets???? Picks, Patterson, Budinger??? Jesus that's terrible.

Are they really running with Jarret Jack, K-Mart, Odom, Scola, and Okafor?

Hmmmm maybe that makes the playoffs if any of them cared to try I guess.

Jason Kapono is going to make it rain this year. CP3 is the single best teammate imaginable for a standstill shooter like him.

Who is Kobe's really good big man (first Shaq, then Gasol) to get it done as a duo?

He needs a big and Bynum is gonna get injured again.

Woah just realized that I saved $160 bucks on league pass to watch the Hornets, and get to not worry about TIVO since he's on west coast time. I am actually quite quite pumped about this. Living in LA and now I get an excuse to be a bandwagon Lakers fan.

Upset that it wasn't the clippers though, NO WAY I can ever sit courtside for the Lakeshow.

So the Hornets got K-Mart, Odom and Scola for the best PG in the league...

Just one more step closer to retraction.

I think NO gets Drago as well.

If Pau is gone to Houston, doesn't this put Chicago in the lead for any Howard trade? Even with Bynum in a deal, how can the Lakers ever top the rumored Bulls offer of Noah, Asik, Deng, and cash?

The only way the Bulls don't acquire Howard now is if he vetoes an extension because he wants to play in LA or somewhere else warm. No one can match value.

Rose, 2G (Richardson?), Korver, Boozer, and Howard would be as good a starting five as anyone. They'd still have Bogans, Brewer and Gibson off the bench. That's a very good team.

In the end Howard will end up where he wants to go, so probably the Lakers.

I think NO gets Drago as well.

If Pau is gone to Houston, doesn't this put Chicago in the lead for any Howard trade? Even with Bynum in a deal, how can the Lakers ever top the rumored Bulls offer of Noah, Asik, Deng, and cash?

The only way the Bulls don't acquire Howard now is if he vetoes an extension because he wants to play in LA or somewhere else warm. No one can match value.

Rose, 2G (Richardson?), Korver, Boozer, and Howard would be as good a starting five as anyone. They'd still have Bogans, Brewer and Gibson off the bench. That's a very good team.

The worry is Howard going Melo and saying "I'll only sign with LA", then the magic will have to go with Bynum.

Wait, I forgot I'm a lakers fan now, I mean the hope, not worry.

...so who is CP3 supposed to pass to now...?

Kobe needs the ball, Bynum won't stay healthy, Artest has lost it. Kapono?

Last edited:
Might be a rough year for the Mavs while they clear out space to make some noise next summer and give Dirk a chance for one last run at it. I'm cool with that, last year's playoffs may keep me happy for a decade.

ESPN CP3 trade latest: Trade with Lakers will NOT go through Friday and Chris Paul is expected in Hornets camp, according to sources

NBA owners have pushed commissioner David Stern to kill the deal sending Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers, sources tell Y! Sports.

Owners were irate in Board of Governors meeting with Stern, livid that the league-owned Hornets were allowed to make Paul deal, sources say.

The NBA is now pushing New Orleans GM Dell Demps to pull the plug on the trade and keep Chris Paul, league sources tell Y! Sports.

This is dumb. I know the NBA owns the Hornets, but does that mean no deal is allowed now? Demps is running the team.

Last edited:
Back