• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA offseason thread

One source close to the three-team Chris Paul trade talks just told ESPN.com: "The deal is off."

You would have thought, if Stern was not gonna allow any trades involving Paul, he would have - I don't know - fucking told the Hornets?

As a life long celtics fan, PLEASE DONT LET THIS TRADE HAPPEN. I would hate to be forced to pull against one of our best players ever, but i would.

I'm a big Celtics fan, and would hate to see CP3 go to the Lakers.

But that said, it's ridiculous that these petty owners won't let the trade go through.

Hey Donald Sterling, you probably could have gotten CP3 if you were willing to give up Gordon. You weren't. Get over it.

If I'm CP, Demps or Kupchak I'm furious. And the owners are freaking idiotic... they've been complaining about Gasol to the Lakers forever and now him and Odom aren't good enough to trade?

The NBA literally cannot let CP be traded now until the Hornets are bought, so Stern might cause NO to lose CP for nothing.

THIS IS BULLSHIT!

JyjBO.gif

they better not fucking trade CP3 AT ALL after this

collusion

Yup. All sorts of collusion right now.

NBA owners realized that if the league owns the Hornets, they can basically control what the league does. It'll be all the other owners vs. the one owner who wants a trade, and Stern clearly folds.

Are you guys implying that Stern was behind CP to the Lakers, because that is not the case at all. Hornets GM Demps is "disconsolate" right now over this.

Doesn't Selig and MLB own the brewers? Didn't they make a ton of moves last year?

I hate the Lakers, but this is borderline criminal. Demps should resign tonight. Blocking any possible CP3 trade could cost him millions.

First reaction was anger at the trade, because I hate the Lakers. Then I rationalized that I hate all large market teams, so it was a wash. Now I am actually a little disappointed. Weird night.

Doesn't Selig and MLB own the brewers? Didn't they make a ton of moves last year?

Astros fans are still pissed that he rammed the AL move down Houston's throat and let his beloved Brewers stay put.

I hate the Lakers, but this is borderline criminal. Demps should resign tonight. Blocking any possible CP3 trade could cost him millions.

Completely agree on Demps. He made a phenomenal deal for the Hornets. They were most certainly never going to get a better trade. If I'm Orlando, I immediately fire Otis Smith and bring in Demps to get the best trade for Dwight Howard.

Back