• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NBA offseason thread

Wow sportscenter breaking news, howard wants out and won't tell us where till after the break. (checking ESPN)

I don't know, Gilbert somewhat has a point. But so does everyone scorching the league over this. I think you have to trust Dell to make an arms length transaction and live with it. Letting the other teams say what the Hornets can trade just makes the whole NBA stink, eventhough they are the owners.

I think Stern was on Simmons podcast saying that Weber and Dell have complete control over the basketball decisions about a year ago. I should re-listen to it.

if it is so lopsided, then Gilbert is free to make his own offer. that's how a free market works. i don't see his point, he just sounds like an entitled baby who cries when he doesn't get his way.

a.) Chris Broussard just throws as much shit at the wall as he can hoping things stick. He's a clown. When he's right he goes bananas about his sources, but he makes up a lot of stuff.

b.) I think the email was in Comic Sans. Lots of tweets about that from reliable peeps.

c.) Gilbert is coming off as just as much as a spoiled child as he is claiming the players are. Dude is out of control.

d.) This is a mess.

a.) Chris Broussard just throws as much shit at the wall as he can hoping things stick. He's a clown. When he's right he goes bananas about his sources, but he makes up a lot of stuff.

b.) I think the email was in Comic Sans. Lots of tweets about that from reliable peeps.

c.) Gilbert is coming off as just as much as a spoiled child as he is claiming the players are. Dude is out of control.

d.) This is a mess.

what does machine gun kelly think?

Larry Coon.... NBA salary cap guru:

Breaking news from Dan Gilbert: 1) Taxpaying teams should not be allowed to make trades that decrease salary, because some of that money

...goes to him. 2) Lakers' late-20's draft picks are the key to landing Dwight Howard; 3) When teams save money, gain a trade exception and

...subsequently use it to spend money, that somehow doesn't count.

the nba just needs to eliminate half the teams in the league, especially the cavs

This is the actual email.

468009847.jpg

d.) This is a mess.

One of the really big issues is that a lot of these clownish owners are both awful businessmen and generally immature people.

The league made huge strides in getting rid of Ratner, Shinn, Cohan, and Johnson. The issue is that there are simply too many clowns left in the game (namely Gilbert, Allen, Sarver, etc.). On top of being incompetent businessmen by running their absurdly profitable investments into the ground, they consistently sign off on mindboggingly bad moves and refuse to fire their when it makes sense...

Don't even get me started. Gilbert's a boob.

Bobcats swoop in and make a trade bringing CP3 home, we send Kemba, Biyombo, Magette, and Diaw out in the trade.

BOOK IT

As a Rockets fan, I don't understand how that deal was supposed to work. What exactly were the Rockets getting in return besides Pau and cap room? They were losing 3 players AND a first round pick for.... basically nothing.

As a Rockets fan, I don't understand how that deal was supposed to work. What exactly were the Rockets getting in return besides Pau and cap room? They were losing 3 players AND a first round pick for.... basically nothing.

Hollinger's take:

In the meantime, the Houston Rockets have to be upset. Houston took a gamble here, but getting Gasol would have opened up a crucial $3 million more in cap space it could have used to offer Nene a max contract. That frontcourt, combined with great depth and several underrated perimeter players, would likely have propelled the Rockets to a top-four seed in the West, if not better. (Scoff if you will, but Houston had the scoring margin of a 48-win team last season. It didn't need to improve that dramatically to join the elite.)

Do you watch the NBA? Pau Gasol is really freaking good. Also, you're about to lose your 6'6 starting PF. Also what Hollinger said (via FYC).

If Jordan was smart he would have traded 2 1st rounders to get Paul in the 2005 draft instead of picking Felton.

So the nets are taking back Hedo as well according to SC, who do they Amnesty Hedo or Outlaw? Both are terrible contracts but there's at least a chance Hedo can have a productive game or two here and there, can't say the same for Outlaw (eventhough I'm a personal Outlaw fan since he's the only NBA player I've played craps with, and he's a good roller and generally nice guy)

Playing with Deron in NYC is obviously a draw, but someone needs to get a new GM on that team stat after that Caron Butler offer.

Back